***RARE*** My White Peacock!

Nemo Reyes

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 20, 2013
Sanford,North Carolina

Well This is My White Peacock In NC Can somebody Tell Me Whats So Special About this Bird And Rate It Please!!! Since it got here It has ate good and is in great shape and very healthy!!

Hi. You peafowl isnt White at all. It is, as was already stated, a very nice looking Black Shouldered Peahen. The Black Shouldered is a color phase of the India Blue race of peafowl which has been known for at least a couple of hundred years. The Black Shouldered are actually my favorite of the peafowl. I hope you have or will soon get her a mate; either a Black Shouldered or India Blue male will do, but you will only have B/S offspring if the male is B/S also.

Hi Nemo,
It looks like a very beautiful Blackshoulder Peahen. She is likely blue in color and blackshoulder is her pattern. You can get some info on colors/patterns here on BYC sticky posts ( a good primer for peafowl) or the United Peafowl Association website or UPA on FB. If you have specific questions, the BYC community can probably help with some guidance.

Also,
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom