rare sultans

My Sultan roo is the most gentle one I have
He is the reason I built the seperate breeder pens to begin with because I originally had no intention of breeding any of my chickens but he was picked on badly by the other roosters and I constantly found him hiding in a corner somewhere.
He is my only rooster that will let me pick him up and pet him without throwing a fit LOL.

I found white Sultin chicks at a sale this spring, bought 2 and they both were pullets. Mid summer a friend found for me a rooster at a sale. Nice looking fella, over a year old but not too old. He is very shy and had leg mites and lice. He is clean now and I just put him with his girls. Hoping to hatch some eggs from them in the spring.

Like I said before, My Sultan roo was the least dominant of all the roos, and I had to build the breeder coops so he wouldnt get pecked to death or starve from hiding from all the others.
He is the only roo that lets me pick him up.

I have 9 Sultans (Roos and hens) and I have yet to see any aggressions from any of them and I have let them , on occasion out with my other chickens, they are very meek and well mannered birds.

Perhaps it was a cross with another chicken, and not a full Sultan, that was aggressive, but I guess depending on the circumstance any bird could get aggressive.
My Roos run up to me and try to be first to get me to pick them up and hold them and the hens will gust sit down when they see me approach and will sit in you lap for as long as you will hold them! They're just sweeties!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom