Rasing Birds in Frederick County, MD

Yankee1

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I live in Frederick County, Maryland (just outside of Walkersville). We live in a rural neighborhood. For 28 years I've raised birds on the property, mainly ornamental pheasants. Over the course of 28 years I've never had a complaint from any of our long time neighbors; in fact the neighbors enjoy the birds. I have all of the proper permits, the birds have been tested, and all of the pens are extremely clean.

2 years ago people moved into the house across from us and have caused nothing but problems for the entire community. They have recently reported my birds (chickens) to the Frederick County Zoning Department. I received a letter ordering me to get rid of the farm animals (chickens).

Can anyone provide any information on this issue? I did find in the county ordinance where you can have limited agriculture on 3 acres or less as long as the pens are 50 off lot lines, which they are. I'm looking for more information or a prescedent that may help my case.

Please contact me if you can help. [email protected]

Thank you!

Bret

Bret,

I havent seen anything online about it.Maybe you should go to the county clerk and get information of having chickens( dont tell them you do).See what they can give you.

Gmendoza

Back
Top Bottom