Rat Wont Die!!!!!!!

rebelcowboysnb

Confederate Money Farm
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Independent State of Dade NWGa
They clear cut several acres behind me just before winter. So I've spent all winter getting rid of mice an rats, some of which were getting in to my incubator an eating chicks as they were hatching. Ive got them knocked down but one rat is not going quietly. Hes about 6 inches long not counting his tail. He has ate threw the totes I keep my feed in an ate a big hole in the drain hose for the washer twice now. It isn't that I cant get him in the rat traps. Twice yesterday he got in the trap an then got out. First time he pulled the trap across the house till he finally pulled it off. The second time I saw it close on his neck an knock him cold but before I got to the trap he woke up an pulled his head out of it an ran off. This is no small mouse trap ether, its a big rat trap.

Anyone ever used those castration band rat traps?
ratcollage.jpg

Anyway, here's my attempt at building a better rat trap.
18601_photo02091628.jpg

Now if I can get the nerve up to set this crazy thing?

I had rats in the basement and caught them using a live trap, then took them outside and drowned them....caught four in one week and no problems since. That last trap looks dangerous...good luck!

I'm loving your 'better mousetrap'...looks like something one of my boys would come up with! If that doesnt do it, you might seriously consider calling Billy, the exterminator.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom