Rats - Do They Eat Eggs?

thekla

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Crow area- near Eugene OR
I walked into my coop a few days ago and spotted a rat, watched where he went and got my brother to help catch and dispatch him, so, was he eating eggs? because my count was down for a few weeks and seems to be better now that he's gone. Just wondering.

well this one won't be eating any more (he did bite me though) hopefully the cats will catch any others - we have lots of mice but that was the first rat I've seen - probably came up from the farm down the road.

Where there's one rat, there's more...just like fleas, termites, cockroaches,mice etc....I hope you make a decent attempt to get rid of the mice....disease carriers. Please make sure you thoroughly cleaned and sanitized your rat bite, I hope it doesnt get infected. Good luck.

ok, thanks, and yes - I have been searching the forum for various, poison-free methods of rodent control and found a few to try, and yes, I let the finger bleed well then dosed with peroxide and anti-biotic, it's mostly healed now so, I'm good there, hopefully I will nip any rat infestation in the bud (mice in the country on-going even before the chickens and with cats, but some of the ideas on the forum look good) my egg counts are up already so I think that there are not a lot of rats (I found the nest and there was just the one.)

Back
Top Bottom