Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
Finally got him good last night:
20201219_120739.jpg
Look at how fat he is!

I had shoved a piece of corn into the metal wedge & covered it with peanut butter then set it up right outside his hole. He must have really wanted that piece of corn that was stuck ;)

Is that a rat or mouse trap?

It's mouse trap. I haven't had to bust out the rat ones again yet but I do still have them in basement when needed.
I reset the mouse one by coop earlier today & just literally caught another one:
20201219_183720.jpg
Bout to go reset it again. Will see how many more there are.

It's mouse trap. I haven't had to bust out the rat ones again yet but I do still have them in basement when needed.
I reset the mouse one by coop earlier today & just literally caught another one:
View attachment 2456482
Bout to go reset it again. Will see how many more there are.
Not sure that's a rat.....unless it's a baby one?

I am pretty sure that’s a mouse.

I found this on the internet, based on ear and tail I hereby declare it a mouse, most likely..

sorry the screen shot is so dark, but I had to work around one of those cookie notices/requests.

0E751E57-2AC1-4139-AEF0-0BC48EA262AA.jpeg

Looks like a mouse to me. Small feet, thin tail.

The rat I caught was obviously a rat - probably 10inches from snout to butt, thick tail as long as it's body, huge feet.

I bought RatX throw packs, covered the outside with peanut butter and shoved them down every entrance I found. I don't know how active rats are in the winter, but I haven't seen as many footprints around their entrances/exits so I might be down to one rat.

Interesting to read about the cat waste being a deterrent because I noticed my one cat has been using the bathroom near one of the ratholes. Hmmmm... Maybe I should let my dog use the bathroom next to the other.

Looks like a mouse to me. Small feet, thin tail.

The rat I caught was obviously a rat - probably 10inches from snout to butt, thick tail as long as it's body, huge feet.

I bought RatX throw packs, covered the outside with peanut butter and shoved them down every entrance I found. I don't know how active rats are in the winter, but I haven't seen as many footprints around their entrances/exits so I might be down to one rat.

Interesting to read about the cat waste being a deterrent because I noticed my one cat has been using the bathroom near one of the ratholes. Hmmmm... Maybe I should let my dog use the bathroom next to the other.

the dog would rather eat the cat poop.

I think, I remember my Grandpa saying mink and weasels will kill rats, if you can attract them and they don’t eat your birds first.

Back
Top Bottom