Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
Yeah thats why I said not to use them. If the rats run away, they will always come back. That's why poison is so good, it can be there the whole time so that it keeps the numbers down. A trap will only kill 1 rat a day whereas poison will kill up to 100 rats a day. See my point?
Yes, but poison is still poison and is not a good thing to have around your chickens or your coop so I been using pretty much every other method out there and so far I haven't needed to deal with it again this year as of yet but I do know I have one smart*** field mouse left to deal with. He's got it coming....

Yes, but poison is still poison and is not a good thing to have around your chickens or your coop so I been using pretty much every other method out there and so far I haven't needed to deal with it again this year as of yet but I do know I have one smart*** field mouse left to deal with
Everyone has different views. I stand by my views you can do your thing. I don't want to confuse HuffleClaw with what to do.

Ya know, I don't get it. Maybe cats are good for some people but farmers have kept terriers for rats WAY more than cat for a long time now. Cats are for mice, chipmunks, and ground nesting birds. MAYBE rabbits. Maybe.
We have a TON of semi-feral and outdoor cats here. I've gotten to know their faces. And NONE of them hunted the rats sufficiently. They did try attacking my chicks one time - that hasn't happened since I got a rooster.... And none of the cats I had growing up ever hunted rats either. They would hunt anything but. Literally anything but rats. Crows, bluejays, rabbits, other cats, even dogs and they'd pick a fight. But they'd walk right past rats and pretend not to notice them.

Ya know, I don't get it. Maybe cats are good for some people but farmers have kept terriers for rats WAY more than cat for a long time now. Cats are for mice, chipmunks, and ground nesting birds. MAYBE rabbits. Maybe.
We have a TON of semi-feral and outdoor cats here. I've gotten to know their faces. And NONE of them hunted the rats sufficiently. They did try attacking my chicks one time - that hasn't happened since I got a rooster.... And none of the cats I had growing up ever hunted rats either. They would hunt anything but. Literally anything but rats. Crows, bluejays, rabbits, other cats, even dogs and they'd pick a fight. But they'd walk right past rats and pretend not to notice them.
I can relate cause none our alley cats come around during the daytime when we have had our chickens out free ranging with our rooster as well but they do still come around here every night to hunt

Back
Top Bottom