Rattlesnakes & Copperheads

Eggseronious

Songster
14 Years
Mar 6, 2008
East Tennessee
My grandfather was in the timber business and I've seen my part of rattlers & copperheads and what happens if bitten by one. The Fish & Game people tried to relocate some about 10 miles east of here, and did a couple of years ago, the people in that area got really mad about this. Some even "put the word out" that next time there will be grave consequences.
old.gif
I know there are some of these snakes protected. Here is my take on the subject. I will kill all rattlers and copperheads on my farm. My children and grandchildren are protected by me and they can rest assured that I will do so.

I agree kill them. I lived in Taney co. mo. once and the rumor was that fish and game droped Rattle snakes in our area. They denied it but I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.

I really want chickens but we have already killed a rattler and a couple of coppperheads. I live on the edge of woods in the north Georgia foothills...should I give up on the idea of a coop?

People are most often bitten while trying to kill snakes.

If you keep your weeds trimmed, and pay attention to not providing them hiding places snakebites are very rare.

Your kids are more likely to be harmed by your chickens than by a poisonous snake

goodpost.gif

I am glad snakes don't bother me, would hate to be scared of them, i see them all the time.
I have seen my ducks, a bull frog and a water moccasin all sitting on the bank of the pond very close to each other and it amazed me to see such a site, tells me we all got our place here and wish people could get along as well as these critters do.

nope, get a good agressive rooster. we had one that killed a 4 foot rattler in s.c. by pecking it in the head x about 300.

Thanks for the good advice..that's why this is such a good site. I've been spending my days clearing away all the brush from and low lying shrubs. My daughter has goats and thatseems to help.

Back
Top Bottom