Rav's Duckumentary - Call duckling babies (pic heavy)

Pics
Oh my goodness!! Yes, you did!! i love the yellow line on the eyes. Are his webs dark too? Here's my lo today. He snuggled for about 2 hours in bed with me. Is he going to be ok being a singleton for about 2 more weeks? He doesn't cry at night but he paces the brooder if I leave him during the day.

This one has the dark in the middle with light on the outside webs... :D

Yours should be fine, many raise singletons... might be hard getting integrated with the younger ones, or not... just depends... Lady Grey tried to eat the ones a week younger than her, but Io immediately adored her week younger pals...

I have to limit myself when I look at this thread to about once a week.. Too many cuties, I want some so badly.... Its so difficult to keep that urge in check!

Cuties like Bubs??? ;)

Yours should be fine, many raise singletons... might be hard getting integrated with the younger ones, or not... just depends... Lady Grey tried to eat the ones a week younger than her, but Io immediately adored her week younger pals...
Cuties like Bubs??? ;)

Yer killin me!! :);)

Cuties like Bubs??? ;)

We'll just wait and see then. Ravyn, this little yellow one is beyond adorable!! I love the slate color of the beak! Absolutely beautiful! I wanted to put just a little water in the sink and a big rock for this one to play. At what age can I do that?

Yer killin me!! :);)

Bubs is even Lady Greys, lol... ;)

We'll just wait and see then. Ravyn, this little yellow one is beyond adorable!! I love the slate color of the beak! Absolutely beautiful! I wanted to put just a little water in the sink and a big rock for this one to play. At what age can I do that?

That one is a Snowy, one of LG's brood... smallest one of the bunch...

You can let it play in water now... just make sure the room is warm, towel off and do a little blow dry with a hair dryer on low... shut it off once in a while before total dry to encourage it to preen and work the oil gland... just don't walk away while it's in the water and hold off on full swimming for a couple times... when you let it swim, stay with it of course and keep something in the water for it to be able to stand up on... don't worry, you'll do just fine... :)

Bubs is even Lady Greys, lol... ;)
That one is a Snowy, one of LG's brood... smallest one of the bunch...

You can let it play in water now... just make sure the room is warm, towel off and do a little blow dry with a hair dryer on low... shut it off once in a while before total dry to encourage it to preen and work the oil gland... just don't walk away while it's in the water and hold off on full swimming for a couple times... when you let it swim, stay with it of course and keep something in the water for it to be able to stand up on... don't worry, you'll do just fine... :)

Ok, great. Thank you, that's perfect directions. The kids have asked me about 50 times when he can play in water. He started sitting in his water dish so I'm going to switch to a plastic container with a lid and a hole cut out so he can dip his head under but not his whole body. He loves preening. He sits on my chest while I'm watching tv and he'll start preening and get so into it that he'll summersault right over!
Here's today pic..(I've got more pics of him then my own human kids)!

Ok, great. Thank you, that's perfect directions. The kids have asked me about 50 times when he can play in water. He started sitting in his water dish so I'm going to switch to a plastic container with a lid and a hole cut out so he can dip his head under but not his whole body. He loves preening. He sits on my chest while I'm watching tv and he'll start preening and get so into it that he'll summersault right over!
Here's today pic..(I've got more pics of him then my own human kids)!

Get like a small pie tin or very shallow baking dish, fill it with clean gravel, glass blobs, or something similar and put the water dish in the middle of that... it'll help catch the spillover and keep the brooder dryer... not totally dry, but better, lol...

Lovely little 'ling! So glad you are happy with the little... post pics anytime, they are always welcome... and yes, my phone is full of duckie pics too, lol...

Biggest thing with water is making sure they don't get too waterlogged and drown or get a bad chill... mommas own oils coat their babies so they don't have that issue...

These are 2 days old...

And at 1 week old...

Get like a small pie tin or very shallow baking dish, fill it with clean gravel, glass blobs, or something similar and put the water dish in the middle of that... it'll help catch the spillover and keep the brooder dryer... not totally dry, but better, lol...

Lovely little 'ling! So glad you are happy with the little... post pics anytime, they are always welcome... and yes, my phone is full of duckie pics too, lol...

Biggest thing with water is making sure they don't get too waterlogged and drown or get a bad chill... mommas own oils coat their babies so they don't have that issue...

These are 2 days old...

And at 1 week old...

Done! Thank you! These are the tips I need from seasoned duck mama's (and papa's).

Back
Top Bottom