Pics

BlueHorse17

Free Ranging
8 Years
Mar 20, 2015
USA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone! Just wondering if there were any raw feeders out there? I have four dogs that have been on a raw food diet (BARF) for about half a year. While still being fairly new to this type of eating style, I have seen nothing but improvement in my pack. Below is some of the food and prep work that I do. I’d love to see your pets and photos of their raw foods!
E33BC12C-B4A1-4F27-9B49-B3FA694BBC88.jpeg

Ruger (Heeler), Zeus (German Shepherd), Daphne (Rough Collie), and Teaka (toy Aussie).
48D65E11-58E1-4EC4-B7AD-4DDABD8758F4.jpeg

Chicken quarters, chicken gizzards, chicken livers, egg, oats, Greek yogurt, pumpkin, fish oil, kelp powder, and their joint supplement.
77A89A18-4C43-4E2B-91D0-29A883FA413D.jpeg

Sometimes meal prep helps a lot!

Thank you so much! Back when I only had two of the dogs I actually had them on grain-free for about two months. I then switched over to Purina. Purina lasted about a year and then I started watching some guy on YouTube who was raw feeding. I found it interesting and then it all went uphill from there.

The German Shepherd is a rescue. He had tons of plaque, was under weight, was severely dehydrated, and had terrible dandruff. After about two months the raw food really helped him. I’m sure your pets appreciate all the meal prep dedication that you do for them as well!

I did prey model raw fed for a few years; one dog. Eighty percent meat, 10 percent organ, 10 percent bone. She did far better on that than on the higher end dog food.
That is so great to hear! I’ve noticed, unfortunately, a lot of vets don’t support raw diets.

We actually feed one of our dogs a cooked meat diet simply because he’s got cancer and we don’t want to introduce any extra bacteria. So we don’t give him grain, we hand make all his meals using plants as well to support him nutritionally. He’s spoiled and he loves his food. He originally dropped 12 kg in 6 months because of the cancer, 2 weeks and he has gained 3kg back! I know it’s not raw but it’s a healthy diet for him to be on. I just thought I’d share even though it’s not completely raw

We actually feed one of our dogs a cooked meat diet simply because he’s got cancer and we don’t want to introduce any extra bacteria. So we don’t give him grain, we hand make all his meals using plants as well to support him nutritionally. He’s spoiled and he loves his food. He originally dropped 12 kg in 6 months because of the cancer, 2 weeks and he has gained 3kg back! I know it’s not raw but it’s a healthy diet for him to be on. I just thought I’d share even though it’s not completely raw
Hey that is fine! I’m happy for him putting on some weight and I’m sure he appreciates everything that you do for him.

Back
Top Bottom