I've fed raw off and on over the years. Right now it's half raw and Epigen for the fat content and supplements. It was nice to see in your initial pic the added supplements to make sure all nutritional needs are met. But it's important to know that the raw bones can perferate the intestines which I've heard from raw feeders. I think its better to crush the bones.

I adopted Luc (pronounced like Luke) a few months ago and slowly transitioned him to raw. I had been making my previous dogs a homemade diet for health reasons. After a lot of research I decided to do a raw diet with my next dog. He took to it quickly and loves getting his meals. Right now I am getting his food shipped to me premade (since it's so important for puppies to get their nutritional needs meet daily). He also gets additional chucks of meat and raw meaty bones so he can get that stimulation from chewing. He also loves raw duck and quail eggs.

This is Luc.

View attachment 2784326
Beautiful boy! I’m sure his body appreciates all the healthy nutrients you are helping provide for him!

I've fed raw off and on over the years. Right now it's half raw and Epigen for the fat content and supplements. It was nice to see in your initial pic the added supplements to make sure all nutritional needs are met. But it's important to know that the raw bones can perferate the intestines which I've heard from raw feeders. I think its better to crush the bones.
Oh! I didn’t know they could. I was told that dogs could even swallow bones whole and they could direst them no problem, providing the bones were raw and not baked or cooked.

I'm a raw feeder! Jsut saw this thread or would have joined easier!
I have two dogs, Comet our 5 year old Yellow Lab, and Ember, our new addition 14 week old Yellow Lab.
I use Dogs Naturally as my guide. They have a handful of FDA approved raw recipes for puppy's and adults dogs. I have also learned TONS of other good info for homeopathic treatments, and a lot about vaccines as well.
Right now, I'm feeding a Beef recipe, consisting of-
93% lean ground beef
Chicken heart
Lamb, chicken, or Beef liver
Broccoli
Kale
Dandelion greens
Eggs
Mixed berries (antioxidants)
Hemp hearts
Bone meal
Green Lipped Muscle powder
Himalayan salt

Its quite a process to say the least lol! I have to make a new recipe every week, and cutting up liver isn't exactly pleasant. :lol: I can't say I've noticed a huge change since the switch, (probably about 5-6 months ago for Comet, and as soon as we got Ember) but it makes me feel really good about the health of my dogs.

Considering switching the cats to freeze dried raw, but for now I'm using the Dogs Naturally guide to make kibble more nutritious. This is a super cool thread! Nice to meet other raw feeders out there since not a lot of people believe in, can do, or support raw feeding especially vets.
I'm concerned about the day I have to go to the vet and they ask me what I feed. That'll be interesting. ;)
Pictures coming!

I'm a raw feeder! Jsut saw this thread or would have joined easier!
I have two dogs, Comet our 5 year old Yellow Lab, and Ember, our new addition 14 week old Yellow Lab.
I use Dogs Naturally as my guide. They have a handful of FDA approved raw recipes for puppy's and adults dogs. I have also learned TONS of other good info for homeopathic treatments, and a lot about vaccines as well.
Right now, I'm feeding a Beef recipe, consisting of-
93% lean ground beef
Chicken heart
Lamb, chicken, or Beef liver
Broccoli
Kale
Dandelion greens
Eggs
Mixed berries (antioxidants)
Hemp hearts
Bone meal
Green Lipped Muscle powder
Himalayan salt

Its quite a process to say the least lol! I have to make a new recipe every week, and cutting up liver isn't exactly pleasant. :lol: I can't say I've noticed a huge change since the switch, (probably about 5-6 months ago for Comet, and as soon as we got Ember) but it makes me feel really good about the health of my dogs.

Considering switching the cats to freeze dried raw, but for now I'm using the Dogs Naturally guide to make kibble more nutritious. This is a super cool thread! Nice to meet other raw feeders out there since not a lot of people believe in, can do, or support raw feeding especially vets.
I'm concerned about the day I have to go to the vet and they ask me what I feed. That'll be interesting. ;)
Pictures coming!
I personally don’t understand why everyone is so dismissive of raw food, a lot of studies show how healthy it is for dogs.

I personally don’t understand why everyone is so dismissive of raw food, a lot of studies show how healthy it is for dogs.
I know! And it makes me really irritated when people say, "I just think its to expensive for me to spend that much money on a dog". You spend that much money on your kids, more even, why don't you think of your dog the same way? Its cool to have a thread full of people who get it.

Back
Top Bottom