Well, if they eat it all then they get the same amount of each thing no matter what form it is in as it goes between their teeth.

A cooler could work. I might freeze it in meal size portions each in a different freezer bag before freezing it. thawing liver juice in a cooler is .... unpleasant....you may ask how I know that too). We didn't camp but we regularily visited family a 12 hr drive away.

Then you wouldn't need to leave space for ice. How do you keep the chopped liver from spoiling when you go camping?

Only food for thought, no push intended, but grower or layer or whatever is really important for chickens. They will certainly pick out what they like otherwise. And they usually aren't fed individually so whoever picks first gets one part and the last to eat gets something quite different. Likely smaller bodies means less ability to store nutrients so less flexibility in the composition of any given meal is more important. On the rawfeeders group, one of the most common things said was "balance over time." There is almost always more than one way to do something well. Balance in every mouthful works well. It isn't the only thing that works well.

I think Ember and sorry, didn't remember the other dog's name, are both very lucky.
This is s great post, thank you very much. ☺️ This is a great solution to my problem, and I will definitely have to give it some thought for my next meal. Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Ps. Ember and Comet are their names, thank you very much!

So someone suggested that I post on Facebook and other social media letting people know that I would take their meat scraps and freezer burns. I ended up doing it and I got a 5 cubic foot freezer worth of stuff from people in just one day! This was some of it.
0337AA7E-3396-416F-B074-19FEC9D71162.jpeg

I might be getting a puppy in 2 or so years it will probably be a samoyed or a breed of similar size, I would like to raw feed, is it difficult to raw feed a puppy? Do you need to do anything special to the food? I feed prey model and will probably be getting pre-made raw

We've been raw feeding out puppy for the last 6 months of her life, as long as we've had her. I make my own, and source my recipes through Dogs Naturally. They're supposed to be FDDAA or something like that certified, so it gives me some reassurance there. :)
I haven't done anything special with the food, but I do have her on a different recipe than I was feeding Comet. Other then that I don't prepare it any differently, and I think its making a huge difference in both the dogs health.
So cool your looking to raw feed! Its really the best stuff. :D

We've been raw feeding out puppy for the last 6 months of her life, as long as we've had her. I make my own, and source my recipes through Dogs Naturally. They're supposed to be FDDAA or something like that certified, so it gives me some reassurance there. :)
I haven't done anything special with the food, but I do have her on a different recipe than I was feeding Comet. Other then that I don't prepare it any differently, and I think its making a huge difference in both the dogs health.
So cool your looking to raw feed! Its really the best stuff. :D
I all ready raw feed my cats and dog, I was the first reply on this thread :p, it has done wonders to their health!

Back
Top Bottom