Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinager

Is there any scienific proof of the benefits of apple cider vinegar? Or is it just something you have to believe in? I'd like to read some research on this subject, other than it's so good.

Does anyone know of some research on ACV used on chickens and/or humans?

Plenty of it, if you want to search. There is now research on chickens and the affects of LAB and acetobacter bacilli on their health, digestive systems, and the results in their performance. A few years back you wouldn't find anything on it but you can now as the big ag businesses are catching on to how cheaply they can provide probiotics and prebiotics to their feed and have more animals survive their harsh, overcrowded and confined lives and make it to the market.

Did you know the medical profession was using acetylsalicylic acid~aka aspirin, for around 50 years for various and wonderful things before they could ever prove how it worked in the body to produce those results? There are many such home and herbal remedies that started out with anecdotal results that medical science finally got their hands on and we now know as medicine and has saved countless and innumerable people's lives.

I had to laugh when a few years back they started selling a very expensive dressing called Medi-honey after I had been preaching the healing properties of honey for deep, persistent wounds for some long time. It takes them awhile but they slowly climb on board to the truths that some people have known since the beginning of time~and then start trying to make money on it like it was some new discovery.
roll.png

I don't want to offend anyone, but where was this research published? I only find articles without any statistics or basic research during many years on large numbers, I want to read the real thing, not some hearsay popular internet text. No offense intended.

I don't want to offend anyone, but where was this research published? I only find articles without any statistics or basic research during many years on large numbers, I want to read the real thing, not some hearsay popular internet text. No offense intended.

Maybe you are putting in the wrong search perimeters?
idunno.gif
Try searching about fermentation and chickens, livestock, etc. You really have to do some searching and reading to understand all the dry and wordy experiments done on it, but in the end you get to the bottom of it. The same bacteria found in the fermentation of feeds can be found in the fermentation of apples, with additional bacteria found in grain and dairy fermentation(LABs). They concentrate more on the LABs in the studies but some give a nod to the acetobacter bacilli as well.

If you are wanting us to do the searching for you and put your nose down into it and rub it, that isn't going to happen.
big_smile.png
You'll have to find it much like we did...it's out there.

I have been using the off the shelf Heinz ACV. It seems like it works fine. My chickens drink it up and drink it over plain water. Does this harm my peeps?

I have been using the off the shelf Heinz ACV. It seems like it works fine. My chickens drink it up and drink it over plain water. Does this harm my peeps?

No, it won't harm your peeps.

Can you wash chickens with acv.
You can but I'd seriously dilute it and be careful of getting it in eyes or any wounds as it will be an irritant.

Can you wash chickens with acv.

We use white vinager very very diluted (like two capfulls to a full rinse tub of approx. 7 gallons) as a rinse cycle when washing hard feathered birds before show. My daughter shows her birds, and we had been told that it will help take the suds off after the soaping cycle. At first we didn't do it then tried it one time washing and I could see a big difference in how the birds dry.

Back
Top Bottom