RE: Forum Rules, BYC Tone, Locked Topics, Freedom of Speech, Trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Nifty...you have a great thing here and need to keep it that way. The moderators must have a hard time. Sometimes people just need to read the posts and keep their comments to themselves, especially if the comment is not going to be productive or informative. Most of us are here for answers not drama.

Well said Nifty!

We have GREAT Staff members who communicate and discuss most everything we do (except of course blatant violations) and sometimes discussion on some topics takes longer because of the complexities and our real desire to be fair to all involved.
Sometimes we even pick up the phone to call each other to discuss things and make sure we are doing the right thing.

We all have the best of all of you at heart and we want what we do to benefit all.

This is the only forum I am even interested in. I came here looking for information about chickens, but that isn't why I stayed. I stayed because I found a HUGE group of people who have become friends. I really appreciate the tremendous effort and hard work that Nifty, Terri, and all the moderators put into making this the best website out there! It seems that lately there are a lot of people making it extra hard. Keep up the great work!

This is a great community and I appreciate the staff and the great 'neighbors' who 'live' here.
smile.png
love.gif

I definitely agree. Freedom of speech is a great thing, but in trying to build an online "neighborhood" there has to be some sort of moderation, or it would be utter chaos! Three cheers for the mods!

Hip hip hooray!
ya.gif

Hip hip hooray!
ya.gif

Hip hip hooray!
ya.gif

I've only been a new member since Feb. and I can't say that I've seen anything I object to, except once in the "chat" area. It was late and I logged off, no big deal. For the most part I like it here, even if I don't agree with everyone and misinterpret their attitude. I may be naive but I believe the people here really care about each other and that's why I stay.
Thanks to all the moderators.
Ditto to the members

Geez. Here I am coasting along thinking that this is one whale of a site, everyone just carin' & sharin' & I step over to W&FF&A site and smelled the coffee. The BYC staff is great. You people do a bang up job!!!! I can't spend as much time in here as I'd like to, but I have never seen anything posted that has offended me short of poor advice. But everyone is offering the best help they can & you can't ask for more than that. Gwetch pe (thank you) to all the staff/mods & all the members that make this site a great place to come home to roost!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

You guys have a difficult job and IMO do it very well.

If I do ever violate the rules, I would certainly want you to tell me. And if it was a bit of a gray area, I would appreciate the explanation.

I had one mod speak to me once about a post. It made perfect sense when I backed up and thought about it; I had simply not clearly stated what I had in mind. Takes a lot of time, thought and effort to provide that level of feedback. Kudos to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom