Re my potentialy eggbound year old Black Beauty

Newer than I d like to be

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Was able to secure Black Beauty easily which may not be a good sign. She has been closing her eyes quite a bit. Lubricated vent, tried to detect an egg but felt nothing. I've never checked a hen's private parts but seemed very hot, she felt hot and area very red even down into feathered area. With tummy rub all I think I can feel is her breast bone. What now?

I'd put her in a warm soak for a little while, put her someplace warm and fairly dark to encourage rest, then go to index, FAQ and scroll down for links to threads on eggbound/internal layer for what has worked for others.

What is she doing that makes you think she may be egg bound? It sounds like you may have posted more in another thread, but without a link to it this one is pretty unclear.

Many, many thanks for responding, I've read your other advice to posts and have learned so much. It's a generous gift. Nearly compuer illiterate, I don't know how to do a link, perhaps my 7 year old neighbor will know! If you look in todays post there wa a reply at 2:19 that shows the original post and my 10 week history as a hen mother. Black Beauty still ailing today. She was always so sunny and chatty. Both the others are bright and energetic. Again much gratitude for your many posts and especially this to me now. Going out with my husband for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom