re raising pullets/off season for PROFIT! $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If you're going to sell them you might want to learn how to spell the breed correctly....it's Cuckoo Marans. Speckled Sussex and Welsummers are not hard to find breeds. Good ones are, but many hatcheries sell them. I hope you're telling your customers that they may not get the dark eggs from the Marans and welsummers since a lot of hatchery stock don't lay dark eggs like the breed is supposed to.

So the way you continue to avoid my question I'll take that as it's a projected figure and not money in your pocket.

I think you're missing the point..... when you put this forward as 'income', what's being questioned is your ability to sustain this level of income, more than just 'one month' as you state in your post above.

I will not show you my check book!

Quote:
She won't even say if that is projected profits or if that's what she's sold since July or what. Interesting that she hasn't shared that bit of info. I think we'd all be interested to know.

we can get $4 a dozen for farm fresh eggs, $12 a dozen for hatching eggs, $3 to $5 a chick, $15 for laying hens, $12 for pol hens, $10 for extra roosters (or we have them processed). there is a little money to be made but nothing to brag about.

Finally someone with an open mind!!!!! sheesh nice to meet you!

I have been into chickens for about 1 year and just started this seriously last summer. Go to "Yahoo" or Google" groups Go to coupon groups, barter groups, swap meets, trader groups, mommy groups, frugal groups, food groups, shopaholic group.... are you with me so far?????? Post ad ad for "swap eggs or trade for?" and also go to craigs list something like this. If you belong to 40 swap groups in your city. (the key here is that you need to live next to a large city, so you can deliver eggs//hens chicks/frozen poultry/ etc.... I meet the group once a week, drop off eggs supplies and bring back the goods/cash.0

This is so simple 101 basic economics and its kindergarten easy.

I am S-O-R-R-Y that not too many people and "friendly" chicken owners begruge or do not believe me. If you don't the fine, No one is asking any one of you to do what I do. If it works for me then great. If you are not interested then all of you can sit here and talk about your usual chicken conversations. ENOUGH SAID. I have offered my ideas and suggestions.

Quote:

I really think its a good idea, specially if it works for you.

im trying my own project of having a small duck "farm" to sell eggs/ducklings for pets. and whenever I actaully get the nerve to let go of it meat to... I have 47 ducks and 10-11 eggs hatching in a few days, Hoping to have a trio or 3 hens and male of each breed with breeding pens and their own small cement pond for each group, Lots of people dont think it will work or I will just end up quitting on it, and that Im putting more of my money into it for nothing, Stuff just takes time, Not planning on giving it up.

Good luck and hope it keeps on working out good for you!!!

Last edited:
Are you happy now Kathy? Do you you need the name of the groups, the ads, the list of the items that I swap for?

Did you know I MADE ONE SIMPLE SWAP AND GOT 700 EGG CARTONS FREE FROM A RECYCLE GROUP? If you weren't so doubtful I would have been happy to tell you that I donate extra eggs and chickens to poor people that cant afford to buy food, So in trade, I offer free food and eggs for the poor and unfortunate. I help churches and charities with projects on how to sell eggs for a profit for missions trips too....... Is this OK with you and the BYC too? Or do you need more proof?

Don't everyone just "jump" in disbelief at what someone says. Learn, read, think, listen. You all may learn something.

Quote:
She won't even say if that is projected profits or if that's what she's sold since July or what. Interesting that she hasn't shared that bit of info. I think we'd all be interested to know.

Quote:

I don't want to see your check book.....just want to know how long a period the $3000 is spread over. You're the one that threw the $3000 figure out there for us all to see, but now you don't want to talk about it.....And no, I don't believe you've pocketed that much profit since July....or will anytime soon.

im happy for them that they can make some money in this economy. i think more city-dwellers will want hens as 'pets' as they find out the condition their factory farm eggs come from. a pet that helps feed you. i plan on having lots of pullets for this spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom