re raising pullets/off season for PROFIT! $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question. how many chickens do you currently have and at what ages ect are they at. if you already haven't answered this question
smile.png

Quote:
If you're going to sell them you might want to learn how to spell the breed correctly....it's Cuckoo Marans. Speckled Sussex and Welsummers are not hard to find breeds. Good ones are, but many hatcheries sell them. I hope you're telling your customers that they may not get the dark eggs from the Marans and welsummers since a lot of hatchery stock don't lay dark eggs like the breed is supposed to.

So the way you continue to avoid my question I'll take that as it's a projected figure and not money in your pocket.

I just saw this part of the thread.......and no, I'm not the spell checker, but if you're going to sell the birds you should at least know how the breed name is spelled.....

I don't have show stock never said I did...never have shown and have no plans to. I just like my birds to look like the breed they are.

No, I don't believe you've gotten that much in one month...no matter whether it was barter or cold hard cash.

I've had chickens for most all of my life (soon to be 57 years). I've never had them to turn a profit...I have them because I enjoy them. When they help pay the feed bill for the month that's great.

i live in a large city a 30 minute drive from 3 other large cities and an hour from denver and an hour from a turist trap. i havent started my flock yet but have a huge waithing list!! i decided to have few ducks as well.... i wont be rich selling eggs and chickens but a few small bills will get paid.
lol.png
if only i had more than an acre to keep them on. will be ordering at the first of december a batch of chick and net week i am getting a few localy!!!!
wee.gif
im soooooooooooo excited ive wanted chickens for over 8 years! now that we own our on home i get to have my chickens!
woot.gif
buiding coop plans are done will start builing in 2 weeks !

Apparently selling chickens and real estate have one thing in common, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

I'm in a very rural area, four hours from any major metropolitan area. Apparently, that makes all the difference in the world!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom