Ready for the coop?

StrawberryMoon

Chirping
Jul 22, 2016
Indiana, USA
I had originally planned to keep my chicks indoors until they were 8 weeks old, but they are 6 weeks now and they desperately need more entertainment. I'm starting to see some behavior problems and it's becoming impossible to contain the smell. It's hot here. Highs around 90, lows around 60. Do you think it's ok for them to move to the coop? There are 23 of them (faverolles).

Awesome! My coop isn't quite done yet but I think I can finish it over the weekend. The minute it is ready, they are moving in!!

Now I just need to get over my own anxiety about putting them outside! I seriously might camp next to them the first few nights....:oops:

I put mine out in the coop a few days before they reached 6 weeks old. I was only waiting for night time
temperatures here in PA to reach at least 50. They will get grumpy in a small space at the age yours are at.
You can definitely move them out to the coop. If it stays
cool enough in there to keep them in for several days to a week, that will get them to realize that the coop is 'home'. Helps when it's time to go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom