Really bad diarrhea

Look how nearly all of her weight is on her left foot. But she is looking around and walking a bit better than before.

Attachments

• 20220303_184626.jpg
    20220303_184626.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 5
We can't get any test done since it is extremely expensive.

You could mail her for a necropsy I believe, I just sent my chicken a week or two ago. Then you’d have answers for going forward. I’ll see if I can find that information.

If she passes or you end her suffering before I find that information, keep her in the fridge.
@KRack : She is living in Pakistan and if it is already too expensive to have the droppings analyzed, I doubt that a complete necropsy would be within her possibilities.

Look how nearly all of her weight is on her left foot. But she is looking around and walking a bit better than before.
I’m soo sorry. For me, my two options would be to end her suffering or try to treat for coccidiosis. I’m not a super experienced chicken keeper though. I ended one of my girls suffering a few weeks ago because she kept declining and I could tell she was suffering and what I was doing wasn’t working.

She’s a strong little chicken you have ❤️ I’m sorry for you both.

I’m soo sorry. For me, my two options would be to end her suffering or try to treat for coccidiosis. I’m not a super experienced chicken keeper though. I ended one of my girls suffering a few weeks ago because she kept declining and I could tell she was suffering and what I was doing wasn’t working.

She’s a strong little chicken you have ❤️ I’m sorry for you both.
Please don't be sorry. It is what it is...
I actually lost my most dear hen to EYP last Friday. Which isn't even a full week yet. As @LaFleche has said, her comb is looking purple and is cold. Which is not a good sign.

I'll start her with cocci medicine right away then. And I know how horrible the feeling is when you decide to end their suffering.. stay strong ❤

@LaFleche and @KRack , can I give both antibiotics and cocci medicine together? Her head movement looks a bit better now. And can I change the antibiotic to Vibramycin?
We decided to put her down. After 12 hours, her food did not dissolve and her comb kept getting purple...
Was it the right decision? To put her out of her misery?

We decided to put her down. After 12 hours, her food did not dissolve and her comb kept getting purple...
Was it the right decision? To put her out of her misery?
Yes, it was!

I know from own experience that with every passing day you care for an animal it gets harder to come to this decision, but sometimes it is the only thing you can do to stop the suffering when there is no chance for recovery left. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom