Really need some incubating help...!!

XxPandaxX

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 17, 2012
Detroit
I NEED a good incubator... And fast ! What I have so far isn't good enough. There's no viewing window or thermometer. What does an incubating egg feel like? Warm/hor are what mine feel like. I have a 75 watt bulb in a secluded room. The box is about 10 inches high 20-25 width give or take a few. I'm getting 24 eggs tomorrow and putting in about a dozen at a time. Again, give or take a few. The room is hot and humid alone- the days are in the 90's here and the AC in that room doesn't work. The top of the "thing" has a lid, but I'll have to remove it to turn the eggs, but again the room itself is HOT. I put some grocery eggs in there to see what they would feel like after couple hours, and they felt almost like warm (or hot depending on how close to the bulb they are.) rocks. Is this how it's supposed to be? And again, I'm only putting in a few eggs... No 200 large eggs lol. I know I need a thermostat and maybe a hygrometer. And probably some more water in there. Someone HELP ! :/ and sorry I've been posting so much lately. So many questions !!

That is definitely not adequate, they can either not be hot enough 99.5 ideal or too hot over 101; also what do you mean a dozen at a time? what will you do with the others?

Confused
barnie.gif

I'm confused myself... xD I'm just going to try 12 this time. Yeah, I know I need something good and cheap, fast... Is it true cardboard box incubators will work?

First..

Slow down and start over. Get a combination digital thermometer/hydrometer from WalMart or Amazon. About $6 shipped. You cannot hatch ANY egg without being able to control the temperature and humidity. If you cannot buy an inexpensive incubator (Hova-bator with egg turner about $125) then build you one. Lots of plans and ideas about that on this forum. The most important thing is to start Learning How. This is the perfect place to start. THEN once you know what you are doing you can make a plan.

I learned a LOT more.. went to bed last night at 3:00 reading up on it. I made a new thread about what I came up with ! It's nothing special, though.
hit.gif
I don't even thing it will work ! :/ Thanks for the advice ! I decided not to do a thing with the incubator until I learn all about hatching. I'll check out the bators you suggested, too :O

If your just doing small amounts of eggs (i just do 10 at a time) get you a Little Giant Still Air Incubator.I paid $40.00 for mine a month ago at Tractor Supply
wink.png
.They also have a auto turner for $35.00,but if you feel the need to hatch more the incubator will hold up to 41 eggs (with or with out the auto turner) and it come with a terometer.
thumbsup.gif

I'll for sure look into that D: Actually, currently I'm broke. As in 0 bucks. I'm a teen and I can't legally work for a couple for years. But I do incubate small amounts at a time..! :D

Back
Top Bottom