Really sad day = Lost one of my horses

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hit.gif

ohhh gawsh I am so sorry for you. She had the cutest little dishy face. I am glad you had a great ride with her. There is nothing like the bond of a horse, just nothing. I am crying real tears for you sweetie. I lost my Morgan mare almost 2 yrs ago and still can't think about her without aching. I try to think I will be with her again someday, so I wish that for you and Tara. Peace.
hugs.gif

16532_getattachment.jpg

Thank you all for your nice comments. It means a lot. It is great that I can come on here and be made to feel better, but more than that, to tell you what a wonderful horse she was.
When I had my guided trail riding business we used to go out every day for about three hours, she was a great lead horse for me to ride, and she took the job so seriously. She met me at the gate every day. When we went to the fair to run barrels, etc.. she just put her all into it. She would take her head and bob up and down at the starting line, couldn't wait to be told to go. She was smart too. We had a dog across the street that would come over and try to herd the horses once in a while and when I went to ride he would try to nip their legs (an Aussie mix). I tried catching him to tie him back up but he wouldn't be caught. While leading Tara back home, thinking, I give up,she took a swing at him and then looked at me sheepishly, knowing she was not supposed to kick anything ever. Instead I rubbed her neck and told her Good girl! The next time he tried to grab her leg she got him in the shoulder (no permanent damage), he went home and we went out on our ride. He never bothered us again.
She left me with two of her kids, Daisy and Czar. I'll try to get some pics.

Back
Top Bottom