Really?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lovesduckies, Nov 27, 2011.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    So this year is my first year I've ever had to buy a significant other a present. I've had a boyfriend once on Christmas but I didnt get him anything because he probably would have traded it for drugs [​IMG] Now I'm married for almost 4 months and I have no idea what to get my hubby for Christmas. I asked my mom and she told me to make some risky coupons that he can redeem lol. I couldn't believe she told me that. lol

What do you get your spouse?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ken LOVES John Wayne, so I am buying him some wood carving wall hangings I saw in a restaurant recently. They are really cool!!!!! And a Bass Pro Shop gift certificate.

3. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Id go for the coupon idea, but my girlfriend would just give em to her coworker instead of me.

As a guy, I'm happy with giftcards! I must get a dozen gift cards for Bass Pro every christmas! I love it!

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I gave mine a coupon book once. My favorite was the "Get out of the doghouse free" one. I wrote a long list of offenses not covered in tiny little letters along the bottom. [​IMG] There were a couple of others that he liked better. [​IMG]

5. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

My mom still talks about when she and dad first married and they had no money so my pa put a bow on "it " for her [​IMG]

I think your mom may have a good idea.

However, powertools always go over well in my house. Or fresh baked cookies. If money is tight, the cookies and "bow" are much cheaper.

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Debi, that's a good idea!! Heheh my hubby's name is Wayne. I think it's funny cuz I always loved batman and hubby's name is Wayne. Lol.

Lol. I like the bow. Money is tight. We are both unemployed. I just wanted to get him something good since it's our first Christmas together. I know he wants a new shifter ball for his truck and I keep telling him not to buy it but he doesn't trust me not to buy something silly LOL. He needs shoes so I was thinking shoes lol bit I want to get something good.

7. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Wow.. When I'm married... My husband better not... [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Let me know if you want the guys number. They are $45 for one that is about 10 x 10.

9. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Does he do other stuff?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by