Rear & Vent Area are Active

luckychic

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I have a egg laying age Turken, I don't know how old she is other than that. I have had ther for 3 weeks, will be four weeks this Tuesday. The second week she gave me 3 eggs, now nothing....Her rear as what would be like a humas glutes are contracting constantly. This girl does not like to be picked up...As in, I've never caught her and the only time I can pet her is when she has just gotten up on the roost for the night. She seems fine, a bit of a cough or a sneeze, but otherwise great.

Any insight?
Thanks, Cynthia

Quote:
Did you quarentine her for at least 30 days before mixing her with your flock?

Coughing and sneezing is a sign she could have illness she is trying to over come which would cause the egg laying to slow down or stop completely.

I recieved all of them at the same time and they all came from the same place, so no to the quarantining. The thing is that she has the sniffles along with this other chicken that I would call her best friend. The other two are perfectly fine - too young to lay, and they are buddies. So glad I have 4, eliminates the odd ball out.

Thanks for the feed back. I was just hoping the contracting muscles weren't anything too wierd.
Cynthia

Back
Top Bottom