Reason #973 why I don't go barefoot anymore...

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
I heard screeching from outside this evening. I thought it was one of the whacked out mockingbirds tormenting the cats. I know all of my former barn cats had their little noses pressed against the windows in a frenzy. I went out about dark to lock everyone up for the night. As I headed back into the house I see a suspicious lump on the front porch. I go in, grab the big flashlight and head back out to check it out. The outdoor cat has been dragging mice and rats up to the front porch lately. As I step out the door (thankfully wearing crocs), I step in something squishy. The flashlight shows a headless bunny. The squishy stuff was bunny innards.
sickbyc.gif

And more
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Stupid cat...

I once received a barefooted cat hunting trophy marinated to perfection for at least a day and sun roasted on the 100+ degree deck.......it was the absolute worst feeling EVER and it went POP when I stepped on it!!!!
sickbyc.gif

Fresh guts I can deal with, and I really am hard to gross out, but this took the cake! BLEH
sickbyc.gif

I'm all for dealing with dead things NOW even if it's 3am, coz I don't wanna deal with it after it's set out in the heat for any amount of time.

Don'tcha just love the presents?

A friend of ours spent the weekend at our house a few years back. He stepped outside in his socks only to smoke on our patio. Safe, right? Concrete...near the house, sit at the patio table. My dogs killed a BIG rat and brought it to us a present apparently. He found it...with his sock-covered foot.

sickbyc.gif
<-- him

lau.gif
<-- DH and I
hide.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I walked past a HUGE dead rat the other morning. Clearly I need to work on my observation skills as I never see these things on the way out. I only notice on the way back in.
roll.png

Fred is the only outside kitty and he is a pacifist at heart. I literally have seen him sit and watch the mice play. I once laid at his feet a pinky I found while cleaning out the coops. Laid it right in front of him like a kitty canape. He turned his little nose up and went swishing off. He does not have a warrior heart.

Perhaps he is the godfather and has brought in a ringer to do his dirty work. Certainly the killings have picked up lately. Hmmm...

When I was little I saw the cat playing with something, went to see what she was playing with and my big toe felt the soft squishy crunch of a young mouse head when I got near... I killed her toy and she gave me the most ticked look and walked away. I still remember that moment like yesterday.

what's really nicer is the stuff they throw up after they've eaten their prey!
barnie.gif
My DW's cat likes to catch mice in the house and bring them onto the bed at night to play with as well--sometimes leaving them right were she steps when she gets up in the morning.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom