Reasonable amount to charge for shipping for hatching eggs??

tonini3059

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Southwestern PA
What is a reasonable amount to charge for shipping hatching eggs??? It seems that most places i look charge $15.

Last edited:
I go through UPS through my moms work, it's $10 to go through UPS with tracking through her work. Then I consider the box price which is 1.49 normally, and wrapping so a few dollars extra for that.

I think the bigger flat rate boxes are 12.95. Now that's understandable for a dozen or more. what really gets me, is the 15 and 16 dollar charges for 6 eggs. They must be wrapping the eggs in dollar bills. Expensive shipping really turns me off on auction sites, especially when the half dozen eggs are pricey. Geez, your getting enough for your eggs, give the buyer a break on the shipping.

I sold 30 eggs and charged 15.00 shipping the big boxes at usps are 12.95 but you also have to figure in packaging material if you want them packed right.

Quote:
I totally agree! Have you seen some of the shipping prices for button quail???? Button quail! Come on people...I don't think it needs to cost 15$!! (for 12 buttons
roll.png
)

I know some people charge a little extra for the packing stuff, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts add up after awhile. Im Thankful I can get all of my peanuts and bubble wrap for nothing from my work, so I only charge for the actual shipping, I dont charge for the packing.........................

There was someone on ebay charging $22 for shipping 8+ eggs. I was like..ummmm. NOT! I wouldn't pay that much for EMU or OSTRICH honkers
Christina

Back
Top Bottom