Reasonable amount to charge for shipping for hatching eggs??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tonini3059, Jan 1, 2009.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    What is a reasonable amount to charge for shipping hatching eggs??? It seems that most places i look charge $15.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:I won't pay more than $12/ dozen for USPS priority
    christina

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I go through UPS through my moms work, it's $10 to go through UPS with tracking through her work. Then I consider the box price which is 1.49 normally, and wrapping so a few dollars extra for that.

4. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    I think the bigger flat rate boxes are 12.95. Now that's understandable for a dozen or more. what really gets me, is the 15 and 16 dollar charges for 6 eggs. They must be wrapping the eggs in dollar bills. Expensive shipping really turns me off on auction sites, especially when the half dozen eggs are pricey. Geez, your getting enough for your eggs, give the buyer a break on the shipping.

5. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I sold 30 eggs and charged 15.00 shipping the big boxes at usps are 12.95 but you also have to figure in packaging material if you want them packed right.

6. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I totally agree! Have you seen some of the shipping prices for button quail???? Button quail! Come on people...I don't think it needs to cost 15$!! (for 12 buttons [​IMG] )

7. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I know some people charge a little extra for the packing stuff, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts add up after awhile. Im Thankful I can get all of my peanuts and bubble wrap for nothing from my work, so I only charge for the actual shipping, I dont charge for the packing.........................

8. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:That's fair...30 eggs would need the bigger box...and the packing supplies [​IMG]

9. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I love your "not jumping on the bc marans bandwagon"

I pass up the 6 eggs for sale with major shipping prices myself.

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    There was someone on ebay charging $22 for shipping 8+ eggs. I was like..ummmm. NOT! I wouldn't pay that much for EMU or OSTRICH honkers
    Christina

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by