Reasonable shipping time for eggs from ebay.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lemurchaser, Jun 4, 2008.

1. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    So I bought some eggs from ebay a week ago. The day after paying I emailed the seller to see when they'd be shipping the eggs. They said a few days and they'd email me when they ship. I haven't heard from them since.

Am I being unreasonable that I expected to have my eggs by now? I planned to have them in the incubator with the eggs I started on Monday. I know many people here sell eggs on ebay, so what do you think? Is this reason to leave bad feedback?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Ideally, eggs should ship immediately after being laid. There is a finite time after laying in which they remain viable.

Now your seller may need time to collect your order, especially if they are a small producer and there are others in line ahead of you. Your timetable may not jibe with theirs, too. They may also just be bad communicators.
    But after a week, something should have happened and you should have had some contact from them, a the very least.

Before you leave negative feedback, find out what is going on. But I dont think you are wrong to be worried.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008
  3. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    I would contact your seller and ask for the ship date and or del conf info. Sometimes they ship them right out and they get "lost" in the system, othertimes its just and irresponsible seller. Goodluck

4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I would think that unless it is otherwise stated,the eggs would be shipped within a few days of payment being received. I can see waiting until Monday if the auction ended on Friday, but at the very least the ship date should have been agreed upon. I would contact the seller and insist upon a ship date or ask for a refund.

5. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Hope it's not the same guy I bought from in NC. He took 2 weeks to ship me eggs and that was only after I contacted him twice!

Good luck

6. PulletSurprise

PulletSurprise Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Salem OR
    With Ebay; the seller has 10 days from the end of auction to ship your items. If the person doesnt have the eggs availabe yet, he is probably using that time frame to gather your eggs. I would write and see if that is what he is doing or if they had already shipped out.

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    If you are referring to the wyandotte eggs that you outbid me on, I wouldnt worry too much. Seller of those eggs is a member of the wyandotte yahoo group, and seems to be very involved with the promoting of the breed, and perfecting it.

Things happen. I recently ordered some eggs, and had it all set so that they would hatch when my mom was here from out of town. But her hens went broody on her. My eggs should of been here last week, but now they're just going out.

I wouldnt leave bad feed back until you contact her and find out whats going on.... besides, if Ebay has a 10 day after auction end rule, you really CAN'T leave bad feedback.

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    just in case you didn't do this....I always read the percentage on the seller and his/her starting date with ebay. If it is 99% or more than that is the only way I do business with them. Unless it is like 98% and the last bad feedback was years ago. Way too many hustlers on eBay now.

9. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I hate that game - I buy I pay I want the product
    I do not do preorders as a seller or a buyer - I never over sell my birds -
    I hope you get your eggs--

10. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    Quote:The people with the BLRW eggs were awesome, immediate communication, fast shipping, and good packaging. They were the first purchase I've ever made on ebay, so I wasn't sure if they were just extra good, or the other egg seller was extra bad.

I have 8 BLRW in the incubator and they all appear to be developing. Sorry for outbidding you, good luck next time (I won't be getting any more) [​IMG] .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by