Received my incubator from customincubators.com!

Quote:
There are still a handful of unhappy people that had sent payment to the previous owner. Ebay/paypal has been slow to issue the refunds while they investigate, however my understanding is that most of the people have been notified now that they are getting their money back.
It is then up to them whether or not they choose to send the payment to the new owner to get an incubator. Some are, some aren't from my understanding. I think it's fair to say that most businesses have both happy and unhappy customers.
I decided to do it and I'm happy with my decision.

I don't want to turn this into a gripe thread, so that's a quick bit on the past. I don't want this thread to get shut down, as it is intended to provide helpful feedback on the use of this incubator.
smile.png

Last edited:
When I'm home I can take a look at the brand for you, but it wasn't anything special. We picked up 4 or so of them at Walmart a couple years ago and placed them throughout the different levels of our house. It works really well for me to get a good temperature reading in the incubator, and I can see it from across the room easily, but the humidity is never accurate.

I have a "good" thermometer/hygrometer that I keep with my eggs, and occassionally I move it back and forth between incubators to get a humidity reading. I wish I had a couple more of them. This is what I recommend:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-EGG...583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08ae74f7

Hope that helps the inquiring minds!
gig.gif

Thank you so much I followed the Ebay listing and found the manufacturer on line. I dont do Pay pal so I have to find someone who will take a money order. I have some Sumatra eggs coming in the spring and I havent cranked up my brand new Hovabator 1588 that bought it last year but was afraid to kill another set of eggs..... (bad experience with bad incubator and no one to help me)

deb
When I'm home I can take a look at the brand for you, but it wasn't anything special. We picked up 4 or so of them at Walmart a couple years ago and placed them throughout the different levels of our house. It works really well for me to get a good temperature reading in the incubator, and I can see it from across the room easily, but the humidity is never accurate.

I have a "good" thermometer/hygrometer that I keep with my eggs, and occassionally I move it back and forth between incubators to get a humidity reading. I wish I had a couple more of them. This is what I recommend:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-EGG...583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08ae74f7

gig.gif

gig.gif

It does thanks. Have you tested yours or calibrated it? I had a digital one from incubator ware house along with the one that came with mine. The temps differed by over 5 degrees. I ordered the GQF thermometer and tested it in hot water against a digital thermometer I use for my cows. The GQF was exactly the same as my cows thermometer and over 10 degrees different than the other two. I'm going to try the GQF one for the next hatch and maybe I won't cook my eggs.

No problem, glad to help! Maybe you can find something similar to the one I have at Walmart too. I haven't looked there in awhile. Only 1 of my 4 works well on humidity though, and so I use it with the eggs I store before shipping to make sure they're stored in the best conditions as possible.
The one I got from ebay has worked the best for me so far.

I would get the hovabator going as soon as possible to test it out just so you can see how well it runs empty. Good luck with your hatch! I know how frustrating it is when you lose a whole batch of eggs.

By the way, I see you're from San Diego. I'm so jealous! That's one of my favorite places to vacation. Beautiful place - La Jolla too.
thumbsup.gif

Forgot to add - yes I did try calibrating it and it didn't help. It says 16% all the time. I didn't try calibrating the others. It works good for temp so I haven't been too worried about it.

I am going to they are supposed to be preset just warm it up and go. That's why I bought it. The original was one I bought six years ago at the feed store and it had no fan. I bought some Guinea eggs off ebay Followed the instructions on the eggs and the incubator waited 28 days and nothing. Unfortunately I knew nothing about how critical the humidity was AND the temperature in the room. My house fluctuated too much from day to night at the time. For where I had it.

Yep I have been in San Diego since 1967. Seen lots of changes. I have a house up in the desert within San Diego County near the border. That's where I was trying to hatch eggs. I am splitting my time these days between The coast and the desert and my try the hatching here where the ambient humidity is higher and I have more people available around me to ask questions.

No problem, glad to help! Maybe you can find something similar to the one I have at Walmart too. I haven't looked there in awhile. Only 1 of my 4 works well on humidity though, and so I use it with the eggs I store before shipping to make sure they're stored in the best conditions as possible.
The one I got from ebay has worked the best for me so far.

I would get the hovabator going as soon as possible to test it out just so you can see how well it runs empty. Good luck with your hatch! I know how frustrating it is when you lose a whole batch of eggs.

By the way, I see you're from San Diego. I'm so jealous! That's one of my favorite places to vacation. Beautiful place - La Jolla too.
thumbsup.gif

If I didn't get this incubator, I was going to get a hovabator. They have a pretty good reputation. I have the problem with my house temperature swings. Hopefully it'll do well for you.

Sounds like you picked a great place live!

Back
Top Bottom