Welsh Harlequin
runner
rouen
Khaki Campbell
Blue Swede
call
cayuga cross

And 2 pekins

I had a buff. They lay white eggs (at least mine did). The OP wanted a duck that DID NOT lay white eggs.

Besides, my buff was loud and obnoxious!!! She was SMART, but a total bratt. I sold her so the neighbors wouldn't kill me! LOL

Her daughter (I hatched her out in my homemade bator) is also a bit of a bratt, but she is at least quieter. Her dad was a khaki
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Buffs -

lay extra large green eggs and the females can be a little on the loud side But I feel like they have the most personality out of all the ducks ive had.

Magpies - A larger breed and quieter than gthe Buffs, mine lays a light pink egg and they come in so many pretty colors!!

Cayugas - Very quiet and a sweet breed , they lay a darjer almost tan colored egg.

Swedes - Blue and Black swedes are also very pretty and very sweet. Unfortunantly my girl died before she could lay
sad.png
Ill post pictures later when I have a sec.

i have no clue mine arnt laying havent ever and i herad swedes laid tinted that is why i suggested them and my buffs arnt loud at all its the drakes that drive me crazy my two are always showing off for the three swede drakes and vise versa so its the drakes of the two breeds that gets me

I really love the cayugas just because they're sweet and pretty. Mine aren't loud at all. Rouens lay kind of a greenish egg and mine is pretty talkative. My pekin lays white eggs, but she's so funny and loves to talk to you! I know that a lot of people don't want the rouens because 1. the are common and 2. they look like mallards, but I love my rouen girl. She's a doll. She is the first to come to me and hang out, although my pekin is right behind her.

I have a black cayuga hen and a blue cayuga drake. They're very quite but so pretty and sweet. I guess it depends too one what you like for looks. You could just get some blue cayugas. Then, you get the major cuteness and tinted eggs... although they aren't loud. Darn lol!

Mallards are skittish but lay green eggs, and my hatchery Buff lays green tinted eggs.
smile.png

Other than that, I'm not too sure about egg colors honestly.

But I would try runners, cayugas... ANYTHING you like the looks of!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom