Recommendations for online chick buying?

How many chicks would y'all recommend for a newbie like me to get?I only need 1 male to make it to adulthood,I'm hoping to trick a hen when she gets broody and starts hatching eggs,just put the chicks under her and hope for the best,if this doesn't work I will not know what to do,I have an old heat lamp but don't know how to care for chicks when they are not under a hen,I have never done it.😪

How many chicks would y'all recommend for a newbie like me to get?I only need 1 male to make it to adulthood,I'm hoping to trick a hen when she gets broody and starts hatching eggs,just put the chicks under her and hope for the best,if this doesn't work I will not know what to do,I have an old heat lamp but don't know how to care for chicks when they are not under a hen,I have never done it.😪
You already have a hen you are going to try and put them under or is this what you want to do in the future?

If you have a heat lamp, food and water... there's not much to it. You ever go to tractor supply and see the chicks they have for sale? They're just in big water troughs. The main thing they need is that heat, and plenty of it. But they're smart critters, they know how warm they want to be and will form a circle around the edge of the light at the temperature they like. If they're all right under the light, then it needs to be a bit lower.

As for dropping them under a broody hen... you better make sure she's had enough time for the broodiness to stick.

We got our very first batch of chicks from Cackle Hatchery. We also got some chicks from Meyer Hatchery. I’d recommend those two hatcheries.

So the more chicks the cheaper the shipping cost is?the shipping cost right now is like double the price of the chicks😲,also how long do they take to ship?

I really dont know where to post,sorry if I post it in the wrong section,I have never ordered chicks online,does anyone know one that sells and ships healthy chicks and is trustworthy?I am looking for some light brahma chicks and I can't find any locally.😥
Stromberg's Chicks and Game Birds Unlimited. Stromberg's is one of the most well known online hatcheries around. My Pet Chicken. Purely Poultry. MtHealthy Hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom