Reconstitute Elector PSP?

lmterp

Chirping
Mar 18, 2020
I bought the very effective Elector PSP. I only have 9 chickens, and the smallest amount I could get was enough for.....????? A year later, I'd like to do another (proactive) treatment, but the material has solidified! Has anyone experienced this, and was anyone able to reconstitute it afterwards?

Many thanks.

I bought the very effective Elector PSP. I only have 9 chickens, and the smallest amount I could get was enough for.....????? A year later, I'd like to do another (proactive) treatment, but the material has solidified! Has anyone experienced this, and was anyone able to reconstitute it afterwards?

Many thanks.
This may not be helpful now, but it seems it is heat and cold sensitive and should also be shaken regularly.

Related thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/can-elector-psp-expire.1391935/

I would contact the manufacturer and ask if there is a way to reconstitute it. They can possibly tell you if you can try adding water or something else.

I use permethrin. Elector PSP is too expensive for me and permethrin works just as well in my opinion. I only use it if I find pests. It's not a preventative which Elector PSP states in their fact sheet. If you want to use something try poultry dust with permethrin. I do put it in my nest boxes. I have had no issues with pests for 2/3 years now. Good luck...

Attachments

• PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    PermethrinSprayR.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PoultryDust.jpg
    PoultryDust.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1
  • MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PermethrinSpray.jpg
    PermethrinSpray.jpg