Recovering from FIRE!

sbwhite0

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Terre Haute,IN
smile.png

It's been a little over a month since we had a fire, and was forced to get rid of all our chickens. Now, we got a call from the contractors today, and they are hoping to have us back home within 3 weeks. I really want to get some more chickens. I would like some input as to what type of chickens I should raise. I loved my Amerucauna's Large Fowl Black. I highly doubt that I can get any more of them. If anyone has some out there please contact me. I'm also thinking about the following breeds:
Brahmas
Wyadottes
Barred Rock

I would love to raise some great, healthy, somewhat rare breeds.
Thank you for any help,

Shawn

I'm so glad to be back on BYC!!
smile.png

Sorry to hear about the fire. But glad to hear your getting ready to move back in.
smile.png

I have some barred rock x white leghorns. I should have some barred rock purebreds pretty soon. I have some black ee's but they are only chicks right now. About 5 weeks I think. I don't ship chicks, but I will ship eggs. If you want some of the barred rock mixes, they are $25.00 a dozen including postage and I take Paypal.
smile.png

I would prefer to buy chicks. As I don't have any incubators now. I will be buying one shortly. I lost my good one in the fire.

I am getting pure BR eggs now that are out of SQ eggs...the roo in particular I am pleased with. I've been intending to put up some pix. Anyhow, In that pen I have 2 laying BR girls and 1 araucanaX who is my broody,, so 2/3 eggs will be pure if you're interested, PM and we'll see what we can work out. I am about to set some of my own Sat. I also have a light brahma hen w/a white mutt roo who looks very similar to a delaware. Totally understand if you're not interested in the mutts (although I can't seperate the one w/the BRS.) And of course I have my fountain of rouen eggs. Those girls lay like no other bird I've seen
smile.png

wow im so sorry to hear about the fire im glad to hear u are getting back to where u need to be congrats on that and i hope u find many lil feathered friends to keep u company. good luck

Back
Top Bottom