Recycled Chickens: Let's share what we do to save money and build with recycled materials

Licensed kitchens and restaurants everywhere have metal 1 gal (#10) cans. If you ask for them, they will often save them for you. Then make excellent feeders, since birds cant get in and scratch. They also good snack bens, and 1/2 a broken brick can weight the bottem and prevent tipping.

In our new Java Condo recycled coop (our best yet) we used 2 old drawers that pull out from the back of the coop for the nests. Im probobly going to put something above them to make them more closed in feeling. We also have two big glass windown in the front of the coop. Inside we put on old brooder light that exits the top of the coop under the roof, thus enabling "chicken T.V." LOL. We actually pulled up a few chairs in the dark and watched them. Now all I need is to go find some paint.

There are many awesome ideas on Pinterest :D

This isn't for chickens, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has broken a hoe in the coop :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There are many awesome ideas on Pinterest :D

This isn't for chickens, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has broken a hoe in the coop :rolleyes:

Would you just look at that. If that is not CUTE, I don't know what is. GOOD JOB !! Great idea! :thumbsup

I have 2 broken hoes that I will find when I get home. Thank you for posting that pic.

Back
Top Bottom