Red Belly black snake!

Here is Kevin

Attachments

• 98C6332D-CDB9-409D-BBF5-404CBFED1D2D.jpeg
    98C6332D-CDB9-409D-BBF5-404CBFED1D2D.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 11
Did you know that koalas' brains are so small and smooth that they basically can't learn? Zoos couldn't keep them alive for the longest time because nobody figured out that koalas cannot process that something is food unless it's still attached to the tree. They'll starve to death before figuring out how to eat out of a bowl. They'll also refuse to eat eucalyptus leaves from anywhere outside a small area around where they grew up.

For the snake, I'd clear away any brush and plants you can from the paths and chicken areas, and use small-spaced hardware cloth around your chicken areas. That's basic snake-prevention protocol.

Did you know that koalas' brains are so small and smooth that they basically can't learn? Zoos couldn't keep them alive for the longest time because nobody figured out that koalas cannot process that something is food unless it's still attached to the tree. They'll starve to death before figuring out how to eat out of a bowl. They'll also refuse to eat eucalyptus leaves from anywhere outside a small area around where they grew up.

I didn't know that. I do know they can only eat certain species of eculypt out of the thousands we have. They are supposed to get all their fluid intake from the leaves but our weather has been so extreme they have been drinking from garden hoses.

Last edited:

For the snake, I'd clear away any brush and plants you can from the paths and chicken areas, and use small-spaced hardware cloth around your chicken areas. That's basic snake-prevention protocol.
Yeah, we have done all that for them. It doesn’t work.
Yeah, I did a lot of research on Koalas

Can you make or buy a snake catching pole, one with the wire to hold them securely? I grew up in the swamps of Florida catching many snakes when I was young. I don`t have a pole made right now or i`d post a pic. Put the snake in a secure bag and deal with in whatever way you choose. No way I would pay $200 for someone else to handle my snake problems. Just don`t tell anyone how you are handling it.

Back
Top Bottom