Red/Brown Spot on baby yellow EE

SofiaFrey

Hatching
May 6, 2020
Hi! I got my chicks 2 weeks ago and my Easter Egger chicks has a brownish reddish raised spot on her chest. Her skin, under her fur, is reddish. I have one other yellow chick and I checked under her fur and she has regular colored skin. I’m so afraid. Does anybody know what this is? C074E77B-7903-44B9-ABF5-BCFC472F4449.jpeg B9616E3F-6628-4F7A-992C-EE94A2BB6C9A.jpeg

EE's are mixed breeds, so color can vary. I can't see anything that jumps out at me as a problem? Her crop looks very full in the pictures, so that may be why. The skin gets stretched out over a full crop and veins and things show up more pronounced. Is it a separate lump from the crop, or just the crop? Is the chick acting normally, drinking, eating, poops normal?
The crop is located on the lower right of the breast, appears higher on young chicks sometimes, picture below of a chick with a full crop. The crop will fill and empty as the chick eats and digests, if you are using a heat lamp then they may seem to stay full since they eat around the clock. If you remove food and water overnight the crop should empty.
Chick-with-full-crop-e1556050618775.jpg

EE's are mixed breeds, so color can vary. I can't see anything that jumps out at me as a problem? Her crop looks very full in the pictures, so that may be why. The skin gets stretched out over a full crop and veins and things show up more pronounced. Is it a separate lump from the crop, or just the crop? Is the chick acting normally, drinking, eating, poops normal?
The crop is located on the lower right of the breast, appears higher on young chicks sometimes, picture below of a chick with a full crop. The crop will fill and empty as the chick eats and digests, if you are using a heat lamp then they may seem to stay full since they eat around the clock. If you remove food and water overnight the crop should empty.
View attachment 2125287
Thank you so much for replying! It seems to be a separate lump from the crop. The spot has been on her for about 2 days now and she has been eating and drinking and using the restroom just fine. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom