Red Meat!!! HOORAY!!! Show Steer 2009

rjv_piper

Songster
12 Years
Dec 28, 2007
Utah
Well, this morning at 3 AM we got back from Oregon with my new show steer. I'm going to try and post some pictures and videos.

11j93rb.jpg

2dc7kfs.jpg

ay13ie.jpg

Well, I'll try the videos later...

Anyway, his name's Red Meat, or just Red. I didn't name him, my mom's boss' dad named him.
tongue.png
He is very shy and doesn't like people yet. He's getting better, but he will kick. (I got kicked by him in the knee, it doesn't feel very good.)
I really like how level he is and how his back muscle ties in smoothly with his butt and shoulder. I'd love feed back from other showers, or anyone! Thanks!

Last edited:
nice steer.........love the length of back, nice square hind end, well set hocks and looks like he has a nice frame. Of course, he is not set up in any of the photo's, but he looks like he will grow nicely. I also love his neck.....seems to tie in to the body well, and is a good size.
what breed is he, and how old?
Congrats to you, by the way.
smile.png

He's a limousin and is about 7 months old. I haven't worked with him with the show stick much to get him set up yet.
roll.png
I'll get a pic of him set up when he starts settling in and leading better.
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
Here's a picture of my show steer from last year. He was my first and he did just fine for me. We didn't do to well in market class, but we took first in showmanship. He came from the same place as Red, but this one's hair was very thin and it went redish around the belly area. He tastes very good though.
roll.png

2qulwxw.jpg

The judge said he was well fed. He just didn't look as showey next to the fluffy ones.

Nice steer When I saw him I thought he looked like a limo. We have a red limo cow and her almost year old calf. The calf is crossed with a Black Angus. She is a very good looking calf. Keep us up dated on Red (love the name)
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom