Red Sore? On Beak

Oct 2, 2021
Mother hen is 6ish years old and just successfully hatched a batch of chicks. Their ages range between 1-10days old
Anyways today I noticed she has a red blood blister looking sore on her beak and possibly another starting on the other side... any idea as to what could it be?
Could it be from the chicks pecking her or is she sick?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20221031_152424.jpg
    20221031_152424.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221031_152408.jpg
    20221031_152408.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 4
It is probably from pecking or an injury, which could be something sharp, such as a feeder or waterer. Here neck feathers look like she has been feather picked, or starting to molt.

Well that was my original thought as the little ones aren't gentle peckers by any means 🤣
It is probably from pecking or an injury, which could be something sharp, such as a feeder or waterer. Here neck feathers look like she has been feather picked, or starting to molt.
She had a really mottled green stick around her vent. But, she has recently had fresh grass clippings put in with her each day 😏 so hoping it's only that as she is healthy as in all other ways

Well that was my original thought as the little ones aren't gentle peckers by any means 🤣

She had a really mottled green stick around her vent. But, she has recently had fresh grass clippings put in with her each day 😏 so hoping it's only that as she is healthy as in all other ways
Can you explain more about “the mottled green stick around her vent?”

Back
Top Bottom