Redness around eye

traco

Songster
8 Years
Mar 8, 2013
I've got a little speckled sussex hen who is low man on the totem pole along with a australorp. At first, I thought she had lost an eye but realized she was just keeping it shut and lately both eyes some of the time. No bleeding or rawness, no bugs around her eyes or body, mostly red. No sneezing, discharge for the eyes or nose, no laboured breathing, no fluffed up feathers or listlessness.

For the last week roughly, I have been spraying her head, both eyes with Accerleryn which says is a antiseptic spray. It seemed to help in that she is not rubbing her face now but has been 2-3 weeks since this showed up and not much improvement.

She is eating, drinking and pooping fine. She does intereact with the group but wary of the 2 wyandottes.

Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome! Here are a few pics of her.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    719 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    450.7 KB · Views: 8
She is cute.
It's hard to even see the eye though with the pics so far away.

What is this Accerleryn stuff you are using?
I've never heard of it.

It obviously isn't working if you have been using it for weeks.

Which eye is the problem one?

Thanks, she is my fav.

It says it is a first aid antiseptic spray for wound and skin care. All natural, ionized water, Hypochlorous Acid 50 mg/l, Sodium Chloride 15 mg/l.

What would you recommend? Neosporin? Blu Kote? It was/is mostly her left eye.

Last edited:
I prefer this brand...they even carry an eye specific ointment that I have used in the past and worked like a charm.

Attachments

• IMAG2451.jpg
    IMAG2451.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 8
Cannot find vetericyn around here. But the spray I'm using has mostly the same ingredients as Vetericyn. I got a couple more pics up close. It is her left eye she keeps mostly closed. The eye itself is bright and clear when she opens it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 7
Looks fine to me...
you may want to stop putting anything on it.
I really just am not seeing the problem with it here.

Okay. I was just worried there was a scratch or rawness. She keeps the left eye closed most of the time ... that's what I was worried about. I'll stop and see how things go.

Back
Top Bottom