Rehoming 3 Muscovy ducks Pinellas County Florida

SolarDuck

Free Ranging
Jan 31, 2020
Hello! This morning I went to a local park and found these 3 super friendly ducks that had been dumped off there, I was able to bring them home by simply shaking the food cup I had until they followed me back to my car. I took them in because they aren't really safe out in the wild, especially considering they can't fly yet, and they are very friendly!! I believe there is 1 drake and 2 girls, but they could all 3 end up being girls. There is definitely at least 2 girls, the 2 girls both seem to be somewhat of lap ducks, and don't mind being pet. The one that I believe is a drake doesn't really like being touched.

They are adorable ducks, I would keep them but my town has a limit of 4 fowl, and I already have 4. I would love to find them an amazing home!!!!

Attachments

• 20210207_143822.jpg
    20210207_143822.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210207_143056.jpg
    20210207_143056.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210207_142419.jpg
    20210207_142419.jpg
    924.5 KB · Views: 2
I've been messaging one person who was interested in the duckling, says he has 4 other Muscovy right now and is just an animal lover with lots of pets. He seems pretty interested in these guys so hopefully he will be able to give them a great home! If all goes well I'll be bringing them over to him tomorrow! He said unfortunately he has to put one of his dogs down tomorrow morning, so hopefully these guys will cheer him up!

Hello! This morning I went to a local park and found these 3 super friendly ducks that had been dumped off there, I was able to bring them home by simply shaking the food cup I had until they followed me back to my car. I took them in because they aren't really safe out in the wild, especially considering they can't fly yet, and they are very friendly!! I believe there is 1 drake and 2 girls, but they could all 3 end up being girls. There is definitely at least 2 girls, the 2 girls both seem to be somewhat of lap ducks, and don't mind being pet. The one that I believe is a drake doesn't really like being touched.

They are adorable ducks, I would keep them but my town has a limit of 4 fowl, and I already have 4. I would love to find them an amazing home!!!!
Your a great person for rescuing Gizmo and these three ducks.

So sad someone would dump those sweet babies out.
I think since there are so many feral muscovy here people find ducklings without a mom around and try to do the right thing by raising them but they just don't have the space to have ducks, and they also think they are wild ducks and don't know they are invasive domestic ducks, so they put them back out into the wild. I did the same thing awhile back before I lived in a house with a yard. I still wonder about those ducks they were my first, only one of those originals that I still have is Puffin.

Last edited:
I couldn't resist going out there in the middle of the night and shoving my entire body into the 4x4 coop they are in so I could give them some snuggles 😂 😅
The drake is pretty chill, but those girls are SO sweet!! :love I wish I could keep them!!
Since they are quiet ducks are you sure you can’t? Mind you I’m not advocating breaking the law but if it’s noise that they say only 4 per household maybe the quackless ones could get a break? Your drake will warm up mine is like a puppy, it may take a while.

Back
Top Bottom