Rehoming 4 pekin ducklings (Houston, TX)

Catherinemae86

In the Brooder
Dec 20, 2023
Houston, TX
Hi Everyone,
A well-intentioned neighbor decided to deliver 4 adorable little ducklings to my door. While I appreciate the gesture having just lost my beloved rooster, I am in no way shape, or form equipped to take care of 4 little ducks - no matter how cute they are. I believe they are about 2 weeks old. I am not sure what other information would be needed. I live in Houston, TX. I do not know the sex or even where they were purchased... :(

I am happy to keep them for another week or so at most but really the sooner the better, I am so stressed out and do not have the setup for them as they grow and from what I have read, they grow QUICK!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-194654.png
    Screenshot_20231218-194654.png
    392.5 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20231220_162455865.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231220_162455865.MP.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20231217-100806.png
    Screenshot_20231217-100806.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi Everyone,
A well-intentioned neighbor decided to deliver 4 adorable little ducklings to my door. While I appreciate the gesture having just lost my beloved rooster, I am in no way shape, or form equipped to take care of 4 little ducks - no matter how cute they are. I believe they are about 2 weeks old. I am not sure what other information would be needed. I live in Houston, TX. I do not know the sex or even where they were purchased... :(

I am happy to keep them for another week or so at most but really the sooner the better, I am so stressed out and do not have the setup for them as they grow and from what I have read, they grow QUICK!
They don't need the heat lamp that low they would be good at temps around 85 first week and 5* cooler each week thereafter.

They don't need the heat lamp that low they would be good at temps around 85 first week and 5* cooler each week thereafter.
Thanks Miss Lydia! The lamp in the picture was actually not a heat lamp and the only thing I had when they Arrived! I now have a proper heat lamp for them and yikes it does get hot. I have a temp gauge in there and it says it's about 80ish. They definitely aren't cold and huddled under it. I have raised up to make sure it's not too much 😵‍💫

Back
Top Bottom