Rehoming my roos. Heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh,well that's just dumb. Don't know why people are so goofy about roos they're lovely creatures that make beautiful sounds. Their loss.:)
As much as I enjoy looking at roosters and even hearing them crow... I completely GET why cities won't allow it. Your neighbors also paid good $ for their home and deserve the right to sleep in peace. My husband work nights and TRIES to sleep during the day. Many city home are stacked on top of each other with only 10 feet of space between the two and they would be even closer if the law allowed for it. In addition, many people leave their feed out all the time which brings rodents and therefor disease, while being completely oblivious to how many free loaders they are supporting the breeding habits of. It ISN'T natural. Nature controls populations by controlling food resources. in addition to that it often has to do with waste management being the reason for how many of said animals you are allowed to have on a specific sized lot. Though I do agree that 5 acres is a bit excessive! :eek: But that's just for roosters. So they can have chickens on smaller lots. Sounds to me like a city that does somewhat care about the quality of life for its' residence.

Our ordinance in the city says no roosters also. But in the county, what you can have as far as foul goes depends according to what your neighbors are willing to put up with. If they complain you are given the notice to resolve the situation. If not, nobody bothers you. But they still limit how many med and large animals per acre. It probably is also to protect the animals aside from your own health. Remember a LOT of us ARE drinking our ground water!

And one thing I completely think should be taken into consideration is barking dogs. I just can't stand people who let their dogs bark obsessively at all hours of the day and night. Some barking is expected and most cities DO also have an ordinance to how many dogs you are allowed. Our previous city was 3 dogs.

These are the types of things we take into consideration before we buy a home. Will it meet our intended needs? And we ALWAYS check out the neighborhood at different hours and different days so we can see what kind of activity IS taking place. So I could understand if the neighborhood always had roosters and new people moving in were aware of it. But to have people who chose to buy in a peaceful neighborhood because they didn't wanna be around farm animals to suddenly have to hear rooster crowing maybe only 5 feet from their window at the fence line when that isn't what signed up for wouldn't be quite right.

I understand many people are renters. If a rental house doesn't suit your needs then you can find another one. But homeowners don't have the luxury of packing up and leaving because they don't like their neighbor. If you want roosters and the law doesn't allow for it, don't buy or rent there. I would never move to Denver or wherever the other stupid cities are that have breed specific language that make it illegal to own ANY pit bull TYPE breed, if I new I wanted to raise bullies... if ya catch what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that even though rules or laws don't seem to make sense or serve our own personal interest... there ARE reasons they exist, whether I agree with them or not.

Other than that... I agree, their loss! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom