Reintroducing rabbit to outdoors

GracieJ

Songster
Feb 16, 2018
Wales, UK
My rabbits are all free-roaming. Five live outside - they have hutches/sheds for shelter as well as their own burrows they carved out themselves. Five live indoors and occasionally go out but they aren’t fussy.

BlackBerry was an outdoor rabbit until We had to bring her in and keep her in a cage as she had some sort of dermatitis and it she needed it to heal. Everything healed fine, however when we try and put her back out she runs back inside and back to her cage. We can’t put her with the other rabbits as they will fight. How can we reintroduce her back to outside? Is there an indoor solution? I hate having her in a cage.

Why? A well built cage with the right wire flooring is not a dugeon of torture, as so people make them out to be. My rabbits see their cages as safe places. I even had one rabbit come to me with sore hocks and not only has her hocks healed up, but she was on wires as she healed.

Is it inconvenient for you to keep her there?

Why? A well built cage with the right wire flooring is not a dugeon of torture, as so people make them out to be. My rabbits see their cages as safe places. I even had one rabbit come to me with sore hocks and not only has her hocks healed up, but she was on wires as she healed.

Is it inconvenient for you to keep her there?

It's not inconvenient no, but she loved the outdoors and now she doesn't want to go back. She's in a large cage, plenty of vegetables and hay, she can see the other rabbits and she has my guinea pig in with her as they are the best of friends haha :) They do see them as safe places and I can see why. She does have some free time out of the cage as well when she can be with my other rabbit Cotton safely, as they get along fine. x

Back
Top Bottom