Remember Candy from Your Childhood

Candy cigarettes!!! They had the BEST flavor! Also, I am not sure of the name, I think it was "Fruit Stripe" gum... had a zebra on the package had striped sticks of gum that were SOOOOO yummy!

Jacky'sMamma :

Candy cigarettes!!! They had the BEST flavor! Also, I am not sure of the name, I think it was "Fruit Stripe" gum... had a zebra on the package had striped sticks of gum that were SOOOOO yummy!

OMG I LOVED that stuff!!!​

kits (choc, strawberry, and banana)
Teaberry gum
Clove gum
Blackjack gum
and *NOT* on the good list: SenSen mints that looked like cigarette lighter flints and tasted worse than cigarette ash!

My parents were married in the early 50s, and as a theme for their 50th anniversary, for the table decorations we used kid's meal boxes (they came from a hamburger place in Chattanooga TN) that were made like classic cars. We ordered some candy from a place called Nostalgia Candy (or something like that) and filled the cars with the candy. We used music notes decorations and record albums on the walls, gold bead and star garlands cut into varying lengths were put on the light fixtures and around the tables, and played 50s music in the background. Everyone LOVED IT!

Oh yeah...loved those candy cigarettes. My grandpa used to buy them for 5cents each for me. I walked all over town "smoking", lol. Also loved those 3 layer coconut candies - Neopolitans. My nana had those in the bottom of her pocket book
big_smile.png
Other than those two things, anything chocolate worked for me.

Charleston chews!!!!!

Freeze em and break them in pieces by smashing them on the countertop! I like the vanilla the best...didnt care for the strawberry flavored one!

Marathon bars with the caramel and chocolate was the biggest candy bar on the shelf. Never cared for pop rocks. Kit-kat bars was and still is my favorite.
If no one figured out that candy cigarette thing yet. ( I didn't look through all of the postings.) The ones that blew smoke wasn't candy. It was gum wrapped in paper. The smoke was corn starch that kept the gum from sticking to the paper.
tongue.png
These candies and gums are now banned because it could encourage kids to start smoking. Yet they still sell pixie sticks to teach kids how to suck powder through a straw. Go fugure. LOL
lol.png

Quote:
I totally agree! I have no idea where these crazy ideas have come from. Candy is candy. It used to be a lot more fun too!

I didn't know that it was corn starch on the candy cigarettes, thanks! I tell my kids about them all the time and they cannot believe we had candy like that, lol, but they think it is really cool!

I cant think of the name of them, but they were my favorite, and I dont see them anymore. They were chewy white candies with chunks of jelly like substances in them. White candy, red, yellow, green chunks. Oooh I want one now!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh yeah! I think we can still get them here. I remember for a while in the 80s there was a grape flavor too. I worked with a guy who bought some after lunch everyday. He called them grapenuts and thought that was the funniest joke he'd ever heard.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom