Remember the original Thor? Meet his successor, Loki.

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
No matter how many chickens I ever own, Thor the brahma roo will always be my favorite. Big, beautiful and a sweetheart. Unfortunately we had to put him down due to his bad leg, about a year and a half ago.

Needing another excellent roo and tired of dealing with butthead ones of different breeds, I took a chance and ordered from the same hatchery Thor came from. I kept my fingers crossed that they were still using the same supplier/supply for LF dark brahma eggs. Meet Loki. Seven months old and so much like Thor it spooks me at times. Only thing is...Thor weighed 13 lbs. in his prime; Loki is going to be even bigger. Heaven help me.

Hey, welcome back! We missed you.
Your roosters are beautiful! I'm glad you got a good replacement for Thor. A good roo is worth his weight in gold...

Thanks Sumi
smile.png

Loki is a looker. I have a soft spot for Brahmas and big fluffy roosters.
Yeah, I've tried other breeds but have decided it's only brahmas from here on out. Oh and those pesky seramas that spend all their time being broody. Now if a serama was just big enough to hatch out more brahmas for me I'd be happy as a lark.

Wow! Pretty rooster! I am sorry for your loss. If a good rooster really was worth his weight in gold, you would've had 13 lbs of gold from Thor.
lau.gif
Thor was an excellent roo. Loki still has a ways to go before he can measure up, but he's getting there.
smile.png

Your young roo is so handsome! I'm sorry you lost Thor, but hopefully Loki can carry on the legacy. I have heard so many good things about Brahma roos, that as soon as I get my hobby farm, I am going to have one! And a Silkie roo, of course. Just for entertainment...
big_smile.png

Your young roo is so handsome! I'm sorry you lost Thor, but hopefully Loki can carry on the legacy. I have heard so many good things about Brahma roos, that as soon as I get my hobby farm, I am going to have one! And a Silkie roo, of course. Just for entertainment...
big_smile.png
Thanks.
smile.png

You're back! I'm so excited!

Congrats on your new rooster! He's a handsome fella!

Back
Top Bottom