Remember when America's dollar was the most powerful dollar?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thekid, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Remember when America's dollar was the most powerful dollar? Since all the factories moved away it just went down [​IMG]

2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    no and I don't think you should be able to either.

3. Jane Jill Jack

Jane Jill Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    Well, the factories moved away because of all the regultions that ensured the safety of the laborers, taking away from their profit.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

No they moved away because of free trade made it cheaper to import than build here.

5. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    I think that it is pretty clear that the US dollar is still the strongest and safest currency in the world. We are certainly having some serious economic problems but they pale in comparison to those in Europe, Greece, Great Briton, etc. If it were not so strong we would not have every major power in the world, including China, investing in our currency. As far as factories moving, some of that has been true, but it has been offset by quite a few foreign companies opening new factories in the USA so they can have their goods closer to the best economy in the world. No one in the world can compete with us as far as high tech ideas and products. Again, we may have problems but there is still nothing that can compare in any way to this country......period..

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'd beg to differ, but, I'd rather not.

I think we can all to some degree though admit that our economy and dollar are really going downhill.

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i remember when the dollar was worth 4-5 german mark. Every private over there drove a BMW and the living was cheap.

8. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Considering how hard I have to work for a dollar and what I can buy with that dollar; I have to say I'm pretty happy with the dollar and the economy in general.

It could be better for sure but I don't see us moving anywhere else anytime soon.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm with you, KenK. I've been many other places. I'm staying here.

10. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:They moved away because regulations made it cheaper to import than to build here. Don't blame free trade, blame government intervention. If it's too expensive and requires too much red tape to build and produce here, can you really blame them for going overseas?

As far as the dollar goes, it has NOTHING to do with factories and EVERYTHING to do with the Monster from Jekyll Island - that unconstitutional beast known as the Federal Reserve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by