Remembering Hawkeye...One Year Later (LONG)

Speckledhen - We would never think you're crazy. People that don't have chickens might not understand, but us chickenfolk sure do. You are one to look up to in the poultry world.

I remember reading about Hawkeye from the start and his progression. I may have been quiet at that time though. At least his genes are carried on. If only all roosters could follow his lead.

RIP Hawkeye.

I remember the story and his effect on all of us. His story, and your telling, certainly touched me. How nice to remember him again....

Anne

Hey Cyn....THIS is what you and your love of Hawkeye, did to ME!

Meet.... Zee.
love.gif

603_zzzzzzz.jpg

He was such a handsome guy. He looks so smart and dapper in pics. I am sorry for your losing him. In hopes sweet memories will help you in your grief. I lost my parrot a little over a year ago. She was my life and some people think I am just being silly over a bird. I understand your heartache.

Take care

You can see in the photos the difference in the look in his eye from day one to later . . . he did not look trusting in the first one, but what a change to the next photo!

Your selfless act of adopting the poor guy paid dividends!

I know what you mean about accidentally calling his "son" his name. I have caught myself doing the same with one of my drakes. I wonder what the birds think, as they seem to know their own and each other's names. Fortunately, time erases the more accute feelings of loss.

Your life was certainly enriched by him. And since you have his progeny, he will continue to enrich your life.
smile.png

Quote:
Wow, he's fabulous! Great comb!!

Barred Rock roosters are so handsome!
love.gif

Aww, thanks! I am totally head over heals for this guy. Its Cyn's fault!! THANKS CYN! My life has been enriched.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom