remembering the day

hit.gif
I don't think forgotten, just not remembered the way it should be. I still remember that day when we were at the pediatricians office and saw the news report about the planes flying into the buildings/field. It was something I'll never forget. My prayers go out to those who lived with that memory b/c they experienced it first hand
those who lost friends and loved ones that day.
hugs.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting about 10 yards from where I was sitting the morning that happened. I remember a radiology tech pushing a C-arm down the hall to the O.R. and she said to me "A plane just hit one of the world trade center towers."

I said "No way" .. then made my way back to the break room where there were several people watching the news report .. we were discussing what could have gone wrong, etc...

As we watched, the second plane hit.

You could have heard a pin drop.. the room went dead silent for what seemed like minutes .. but was only seconds..

Then someone said "We're under attack ...."

Gives me chills to relive it ..

sad.png

Last edited:
Have You Forgotten?

♫ ô ♫ I hear people sayin'. We Don't need this war.
I say there's some things worth fightin' for.
What about our freedom, and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backin' down.
They say we don't realize the mess we're gettin' in
Before you start preachin' let me ask you this my friend.

Have you forgotten, how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten, when those towers fell
We had neighbors still inside goin through a livin hell
And you say we shouldn't worry bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

You took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbin for you and me
It'll just breed anger is what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it everyday
Some say this country just out lookin' for a fight
Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say right.

Have you forgotten, how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away
Have you forgotten when those towers fell
We had neighbors still inside goin' through a livin' hell
And we vow to get the ones behind Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
you can bet they remember just what they're fightin' for

Have you forgotten
All the people killed
Yes some went down like heroes
In that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten
About our Pentagon
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry 'bout Bin Laden

Have you forgotten? ô ♫ ô

i wll never forget as i am originally from NY. I will be lighting candles for our fallen heros and their families today....may they rest in peice and God bless their families.

I don't think we will ever forget. But as time passes, generations to follow will not have the first hand experiences we did. Like Pearl Harbour, my dad remembered vividly.....I only know what happened as history.

I was working 3rd shift when this happened. My son was crying in the living room with my wife, and it woke me. I walked out there bleary eyed only being asleep for a little over an hour and held him on my lap. He seemed happy, so I turned on the news.

It was bad, me and the wife sat all day watching the coverage. I was numb, and scared. How many soldiers were going to be recalled to active duty? Was I old enough to be exempted? I was scared because I had gotten married and had my first biological son within that past year and a half.

We got to work that night and our boss was pretty good about it. He knew a few of us were waiting on phone calls, and when the president gave his address, every radio station in the country played it. The entire warehouse shutdown to listen to his address. There was only 1 thing we knew for sure... We were going to war, one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom