no eggs in a month

tater1982

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2022
havent got any eggs in over a month , what could the problem be ? out of 11 hens was getting around 8 to 9 a day ,18 percent egg layer feed , light brown brahamas , is this normal ?

havent got any eggs in over a month , what could the problem be ? out of 11 hens was getting around 8 to 9 a day ,18 percent egg layer feed , light brown brahamas , is this normal ?
do you live in a cold place? if it has been cold at night, they may be taking a little break.

Mine did the same. I JUST got two eggs yesterday from 7 layers. I think the cloudy and unusual weather was a factor as well.

Are you in the Northern hemisphere? If so, it may just be normal winter shut down. Some of mine haven't laid since early November. One just came back into lay two days ago.

What is their age now?

Do they free range, possible hidden nest?

Have they molted?

Laying hormone is light related. Any sudden changes? What part of the world are you in, days getting longer or shorter right now? For me, we're just coming out of our darkest days and layers ramping back up this week.

Possible eggs thieves (rats, raven, hens, etc).. they don't *usually* get every egg every day, but included for brainstorming..

Back
Top Bottom