remembering the day

Quote:
Thank you for being a loving and loyal military wife. Our men and women fighting overseas then, now, and in the future need our support.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I cannot imagine how hard that must have been being a newly married couple.

Last edited:
I am sitting here crying as I read each of your stories. I was working at a small family-owned garden center. I was in one of the greenhouses when my boss came up and told me that a small plane had hit one of the towers. While he was still talking, his mother came out of the house screaming that another plane hit the second tower. I went back in the greenhouse and turned on the radio and that was all over every station. Then, we heard about the Pentagon, and then the plane in western PA. I was terrified, because we were in PA, right about the center of the triangle that made up the attacks. I just kept praying and hoping that there would be no more! For weeks after, all the radio stations only played certain songs and this country turned back to God and pulled together. Now it seems like the majority of the people HAVE forgotten. I will NEVER forget.

The worst part for me was hearing the messages from the people in the top of the tower, the ones who knew that they weren't getting out, they called their loved ones and left good-bye messages.

I was in 6th grade at the time, but when I heard these messages, it killed me. I remember hearing one from a guy to his mother and that one made me bawl like a baby. My mother and I are very close and I just couldnt imagine. Just the thought that you know there is no hope is horrible. I remember getting ready for school and hearing my brother say, "Mom, this building is on fire." When I got to school, its the first thing my teacher discussed with the class. I remember it well.​

I was at band practice outside. We didn't know anything. We went to our normal classes and when I was in geometry I saw the footage. I laughed because I thought it was a movie we were watching and then everyone looked at me like I had murdered someone.

I mean heck...how was I supposed to know?

Sept is very bitter sweet for me my b-day is sept 4 and our wedding ann. is sept 18 two very happy moments in my life, to have 9-11 inbetween makes me remember how precious life is and how so many lost theirs. I pray for all those who lost loved ones and for those who lost their lives. and those who serve so that we may be free!!... I will never forget that day or what I was doing.
God Bless America

I was on the road for work when I heard the news. At first I didn't understand what I was hearing. After the shock of what happened sunk in, I realized my father in law was working in NYC on a consulting job.

He was in tower 2 when the attack occurred. Luckily he made it out and was fine, but our family had several scary hours not knowing. The next day he described some of the things ... people jumping, bodies burning... the smell of jet fuel.

I pray for those whose family members weren't as fortunate as ours, and for those who witnessed this atrocity.

I also pray that people never forget who did this and why.

I was home with my husband and my 14 month old son, clutching my pregnant belly and watching it all unfold. It was the most horrific thing and we NEVER watch the news in the morning either. I cannot remember why I was up, but I turned on the TV and was watching the Today Show when it happened. Ugh. Very vivid, I was glued to that TV.

Back
Top Bottom