Repost from Runner Club eggs

yarnchick

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 19, 2013

These are eggs from my 4 Blue Mountain Runners (the 4 left) and my Fawn/White Runners. Fawn/whites started laying last fall. They all started the 3rd week of Jan. I get 6 eggs almost every day.

Out of curiosity I have never heard of Blue Mountain runners (is this a color?) I've honestly only heard of Blue Cumberland Runner Ducks. These are nice eggs, I'm excited because I'll be getting some runner ducks this year too. (Pencilled I think) Runners are known for their laying ability too, how do your eggs taste?

These are my fawn/whites and BM runners. That is what the papers said when I ordered. They are a grey with blueish hues at times. As for the eggs they are a bit stronger than my chickens but we mostly use them in baking. I have a couple that buy my duck eggs. Helps to pay for supplemental feed.

I just went to place where I purchased them and this year they call them Blue Indian Runner or Blue Cumberland. Thant is probably where blue mountain came from. But they are in the Indian Runner group.

Back
Top Bottom