Shipping is stressful. Give him some time to relax and unwind :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs
Yeah, I’ve been trying to leave him alone but it’s so hard lol I did check on him once after like 4 ish hours cause I was worried the mat night be burning him cause it was reading kinda high (fixed that though) and I let him climb some then/held him a bit but then I put him back and I’ve just been leaving him alone ever since. Gonna try to wait the full week now 🤣😭
And now for your viewing pleasure, the dorkiest tank tour ever. SOUND ON for full dorkitude
OMG I loved that! Y’all are so adorable hahah 🥰🥰🥰 also Watson is going to be so jealous 🤣😭 he needs a big tank like that hahah maybe eventually! I definitely need to get him some more plants and stuff though. I love how you have it set up! I got him a humid hide thing from the same place I got his other hides but I think it’s way too small so it’s not in there atm but I gotta get some moss and make him one. I’m trying not to do too much for now though cause I don’t wanna disturb him or stress him out or whatever. I’m thinking I might wait on the decor changes and stuff too. But he is apparently a climber too! Lol scaled a couple chairs today 🤣🤦‍♀️ I’m definitely going to have to add some climbing material lol I was also looking at those same hammocks and was between that one and the sisal type one like your climb walls are made of.

Recommendations time!

Amazon often has some good deals on both plants and hammocks. You just have to be patient and look through a lot of stuff because there is also some stuff that is super over priced. Prices also fluctuate a lot on the items so if you see something you really like you can always save it to your cart and wait to see if the price drops.

These are a couple of plant items I have but there are tons more options

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AR5DI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YEB70/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

Amazon also has good deals on hammocks pretty often. That is where I got Tad's current hammock. She has one of the big sisal type ones.

For hides you can try Amazon. Sometimes they have neat stuff. Hoshi's cool side hide is one similar to this.
https://www.amazon.com/PENN-PLAX-Reptology-Shale-Scape-Hideout/dp/B0018CJNEI/ref=sr_1_221?crid=DL874I405EW3&keywords=reptile+plant&qid=1651197165&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=reptile+plant,pets,116&sr=1-221&th=1

Or you could try Petco online. The online prices are usually better in store plus they are having a sale right now. Just make sure when buying a hide online, check the dimensions very carefully! The pictures tell you nothing about size.

Recommendations time!

Amazon often has some good deals on both plants and hammocks. You just have to be patient and look through a lot of stuff because there is also some stuff that is super over priced. Prices also fluctuate a lot on the items so I you see something you really like you can always save it to your cart and wait to see if the price drops.

These are a couple of plant items I have but there are tons more options

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AR5DI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YEB70/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

Amazon also has good deals on hammocks pretty often. That is where I got Tad's current hammock.

For hides you can try Amazon. Sometimes they have cool stuff. Hoshi's cool hide is one similar to this.
https://www.amazon.com/PENN-PLAX-Reptology-Shale-Scape-Hideout/dp/B0018CJNEI/ref=sr_1_221?crid=DL874I405EW3&keywords=reptile+plant&qid=1651197165&s=pet-supplies&sprefix=reptile+plant,pets,116&sr=1-221&th=1

Or you could try Petco online. The online prices are usually better in store plus they are having a sale right now. Just make sure when buying a hide online, check the dimensions very carefully! The pictures tell you nothing about size.
Thanks so much! That’s really helpful 🥰🥰🥰

Yeah, I’ve been trying to leave him alone but it’s so hard lol I did check on him once after like 4 ish hours cause I was worried the mat night be burning him cause it was reading kinda high (fixed that though) and I let him climb some then/held him a bit but then I put him back and I’ve just been leaving him alone ever since. Gonna try to wait the full week now 🤣😭

OMG I loved that! Y’all are so adorable hahah 🥰🥰🥰 also Watson is going to be so jealous 🤣😭 he needs a big tank like that hahah maybe eventually! I definitely need to get him some more plants and stuff though. I love how you have it set up! I got him a humid hide thing from the same place I got his other hides but I think it’s way too small so it’s not in there atm but I gotta get some moss and make him one. I’m trying not to do too much for now though cause I don’t wanna disturb him or stress him out or whatever. I’m thinking I might wait on the decor changes and stuff too. But he is apparently a climber too! Lol scaled a couple chairs today 🤣🤦‍♀️ I’m definitely going to have to add some climbing material lol I was also looking at those same hammocks and was between that one and the sisal type one like your climb walls are made of.
Haha glad you liked it. Tell Watson not to be jealous! Hoshi’s setup for the first 6 months or more was waaay simpler than this. And I had all of Tad’s baby stuff to use so I didn’t even have to start from scratch. It has been a long term project for sure. But a fun one

Haha glad you liked it. Tell Watson not to be jealous! Hoshi’s setup for the first 6 months or more was waaay simpler than this. And I had all of Tad’s baby stuff to use so I didn’t even have to start from scratch. It has been a long term project for sure. But a fun one
I think I tend to be more all or nothing mentality or think stuffs not good enough or whatever when that’s not true nor is it great for my wallet 🤣🙈 gotta work on the long term thing. Definitely helps to have leftover stuff though for sure. And I’m now glad I got the big hide cause he takes up almost the whole thing laying there 🤣

Is it normal that he’s still hiding? I know he’s probably still stressed from shipping and the new home and also that they’re nocturnal but even last night he didn’t come out at least that I saw. I mean… do geckos get blood clots? 🤣🤣🤣 JK a bit but shouldn’t he be moving at least a little bit? Sorry, just a paranoid first time gecko mom 😂🤣🙈🙈:oops:

Back
Top Bottom